Outbound route not working (no such host/unable to create channel)

Hello,

I’ve been using FreePBX for a while now. I started off with Asterisk, then tried asterisk-gui and finally went with FreePBX.

So far I’ve gotten incoming calls to work just fine, but I haven’t had a single successful outbound call.

My ISP provides me with the SIP account, but they’re not too supportive when it comes to using the SIP with something other than their hardware/software.

Now, I’ve narrowed down the problem (atleast I think so) to the outbound route.
I have an outbound rule called “external”, which basically lets everything through, atleast it’s supposed to.

I haven’t manually tweaked with any of the settings, so I’m doing everything through the gui, also I’m running 2.6.0.

Here’s the log:

[Nov 16 13:45:53] VERBOSE[19016] logger.c: – Executing [s@macro-dial:7] Dial(“SIP/1000-08979bc8”, “SIP/NUMBER@external||tr”) in new stack
[Nov 16 13:45:53] WARNING[19016] chan_sip.c: No such host: external
[Nov 16 13:45:53] WARNING[19016] app_dial.c: Unable to create channel of type ‘SIP’ (cause 20 - Unknown)

NUMBER = the outbound number I’m calling from, and this specific log snippet is from a test call via a softphone, should work nonetheless.

Currently in the trunk settings I’ve got the same info as in the User field (didn’t seem to make a difference, no matter what I had in it) and the trunk is like this:

context=from-trunk
insecure=very
allow=all
dtmfmode=rfc2833
host=myISP
username=myNumber
fromuser=myNumber
secret=myPassword
type=peer
nat=yes

Anyone have any kind of idea what’s wrong here? I’m clueless. :-/

I have the same problem with FreePBX 2.8 - things were working just fine before I upgraded. Now I am seeing this problem often with outbound trunks… Did you ever find out what the issue was?