Outbound Proxy not being used

I currently have an issue with a Voiptalk trunk, the settings require that it is registered through an out bound proxy but I don’t seem to be able to get it register through a proxy, it just registers directly and this is causing an intermediate one way audio problem. These are the settings I am using.

disallow=all
allow=ulaw&alaw
context=from-trunk
dtmfmode=auto
fromdomain=voiptalk.org
fromuser=8xxxxxxxx
host=voiptalk.org
insecure=very
qualify=yes
secret=nxxxxxxx
type=peer
username=8xxxxxx
canreinvite=no
registerattempts=0
outboundproxy:5065=nat.voiptalk.org

8xxxxxx:[email protected]/8xxxxxx

The trunk does register and is usable, but not through the proxy. Any ideas on what settings I need to change?

Many thanks for any help anyone can provide.

I tried a few settings this week, but with no luck. I assume that FreePBX does support an outbound proxy ?

Try this

outboundproxy:5065=nat.voiptalk.org,force

Thank you that, unfortunately it still by passes the proxy and registers directly.

@paul_hadley

Outbound Proxies work fine in Asterisk (therefore FreePBX). Have you talked to your provider about the OB proxy they have provided for you? Do they see you hitting them? Do you see the box trying to talk to the OB during a SIP debug? Do you have a firewall or NAT in place that would be block SIP traffic on 5056?

We’re going to need to see a SIP debug of these attempts to tell you anything concrete. I would also suggest talking with your provider.

Thanks for the reply.

I have tested my router (nat) with a windows (3CX) box and it is not blocking the outbound proxy.

Does anyone have a working configuration for voiptalk (UK provider) that is registering through the outbound proxy.