Outbound Permission Rules in 2.9.0

Hi all,
I need help with outbound permission rules in FreePBX 2.9.0.
I would like to have a list of extensions that can access the SIP trunk and if any of the others (not in whitelist) try to use the trunk the PBX will hangup or set the busy tone.
How is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

In your Outbound Routes, you can specify extensions (actually Caller ID numbers) allowed to match on a pattern in the fourth field.

So if you had a pattern like 1NXXNXXXXXX, you could do something like:

1NXXNXXXXXX/100 - match on the pattern only if the call is from extension 100

1NXXNXXXXXX/2[25]X - match on the pattern only if the call is from an extension in the range 240-259

1NXXNXXXXXX/3XX - match on the pattern only if the call is from an extension in the range 300-399

And if you wanted to allow the call only if it came from extension 100, 240-259, or an extension in the 300’s then you could use all three of the above rules in the same outbound route.

I kind of wish the Asterisk folks would extend this and allow multiple extension/pattern matching, so that instead of needing three rules you could do something like:

1NXXNXXXXXX/100&_2[25]X&_3XX (this would be the syntax at the raw Asterisk level where an underscore is needed at the start of a pattern - FreePBX inserts the underscore for you when you need one).

But, you can’t do that today.

Very helpful. Thanks!
I knew Asterisk “raw” syntax but I didn’t now about FreePBX UI… Thanks again.