Outbound calls ringing doesn't stop on pickup

I have a customer who is reporting continued ringing even after the destination phone picks up. I’ve gotten the following information from him about the symptoms, everything on his configuration seems normal, we do not have this problem with anyone else.

Does this happen with every call or just some? JUST SOME. SEEMS TO BE AT BUSINESSES WITH MULTIPLE LINES.

Does this happen when you call out or when others call in? ONLY NOTICEABLE WHEN I AM CALLING OUT

Does the ringing stop after a certain number of seconds/rings? NO. IT INTERFERES WITH THE CONVERSATION

Do both ends of the call hear the ringing or just one side? I THINK ONLY MY SIDE HEARS IT. A COUPLE HAVE SAID THAT MY TALK COMES AND GOES WITH WHAT I HEAR AS THE PHONE RINGING ON THE OTHER END.

Analogue, circuit switched digital, or VoIP? If VoIP which others are used downstream?

It is a PJSIP VOIP extension. Not sure what you mean about the downstream?

Thank you!

Downstream would be you call a SIP provider, and they interface to ISDN, leading to a final exchange using an analogue line, although it would also include ATA cases.

The phone doesn’t stop ringing when the handset is picked up, that is a fault in the phone. If you mean ringback tone doesn’t stop, that is probably a firewall or NAT problem causing the 200 OK not to reach Asterisk. In the latter case use sngrep and pjsip set logger on, etc. to find out where things are breaking.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.