Outbound CallerID works with SIP phone extensions but not ZAP FXS extensions

I added a ticket (3347) for this problem I am having. I probably should have posted here first.

The problem is I can’t get outbound caller id working for zap-fxs extensions. It works fine on the sip phones (I can manipulate it to whatever and it sends out fine). But anything put in the extension for the zap channels won’t go.

I am using a Sangoma A101D with PRI for our service and a Sangoma A200 for the FXS ports.

Pillippe made the following suggestion:
"you fxs extensions are probably not configured correctly. Make sure you use FreePBX to configure them (which will end up in zapata_additional.conf) and not the auto generation that may be done by sangoma tools or other auto-generators. "

I setup the extension through FreePBX. Is there somewhere else to setup FXS Zap channels?

Here is the content of my zapata_additinal.conf file:

[code];--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
; Do NOT edit this file as it is auto-generated by FreePBX. All modifications to ;
; this file must be done via the web gui. There are alternative files to make ;
; custom modifications, details at: http://freepbx.org/configuration_files ;
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
;

;;;;;;[200]
signalling=fxo_ks
pickupgroup=
[email protected]
immediate=no
echotraining=128
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echocancel=no
context=from-internal
callprogress=no
callgroup=
callerid=device <200>
busydetect=no
busycount=7
accountcode=
channel=>27

;;;;;;[201]
signalling=fxo_ks
pickupgroup=
[email protected]
immediate=no
echotraining=128
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echocancel=no
context=from-internal
callprogress=no
callgroup=
callerid=device <201>
busydetect=no
busycount=7
accountcode=
channel=>28[/code]

You probably have some other included zapata.conf files (zapata-auto.conf, zapata-channels.conf) which may be interfering. Otherwise, you should provide a trace of the outbound call being made.

The code that generates the callerid does not differentiate on the type of device that is being used. It requires the CallerID to be set on the device when making an outbound call, as it uses that information to identify the DEVICE and AMPUSER astdb objects that are associated with that device and dictate the ultimate CID to use.

Hmm… I have: zapata_additional.conf (which is above), zapata-channels.conf (which is empty except for some commented out file description stuff), zapata.conf (below) , zapata.conf.bak, zapata.conf.template

zapata.conf - this is the FXS specific stuff:

[code];Sangoma A200 [slot:10 bus:0 span:2]
context=from-internal
group=1
signalling = fxo_ks
channel => 27

context=from-internal
group=1
signalling = fxo_ks
channel => 28[/code]

I don’t see anything that stands out.

How do I do a call trace?

what stands out is just what I mentioned, you have conflicts and it’s likely that the order of the includes is having the Sangoma generated config you just posted taking effect and thus ignoring the FreePBX generated configuration, resulting in no CID information being obtained. Get rid of the Sangoma generated configuration (comment it out) and try it again.

Alright… we are getting closer.

Commenting out the FXS stuff in the zapata.conf file killed the FXS lines (no dialtone, no incoming, not outgoing).

So, it would seem that the zapata_additional.conf isn’t getting loaded.

Now then, is there a line that is suppose to be in the zapata.conf file that loads the zapata_additional.conf file (similar to extensions.conf with "#include extensions_additional.conf)?

There was no line in like this in zapata.conf

If there is suppose to be a line (#include zapata_additional.conf) in there, and if so, where should it be placed?

Here is my whole zapata.conf file:

[code]
;autogenerated by /usr/local/sbin/config-zaptel do not hand edit
;Zaptel Channels Configurations (zapata.conf)
;
;For detailed zapata options, view /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf.orig

[trunkgroups]

[channels]
context=default
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=no
echocancelwhenbridged=no
relaxdtmf=yes
rxgain=2.0
txgain=-5.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1

immediate=no

;Sangoma A101 port 1 [slot:9 bus:0 span:1]
switchtype=national
context=from-pstn
group=0
signalling=pri_cpe
channel =>1-12

;Sangoma A200 [slot:10 bus:0 span:2]
context=from-internal
group=1
signalling = fxo_ks
channel => 27

;context=from-internal
group=1
signalling = fxo_ks
channel => 28[/code]

it should be placed at the very end

That finally did it! I commented out the FXS stuff in the zapata.conf file and added “#include zapata_additional.conf” to the end of the file as you said and it now works as it should.

Thank you!

glad it works, there’s always the Donate button on the left :frowning:

Done. :slight_smile: