Outbound call via E1 PRI card fails with error code DIALSTATUS = CONGESTION and HANGUPCAUSE = 34

Run the following commands

dahdi_genconf -vvv
dahdi_cfg -vvv

reboot your box and pray that the card will work :stuck_out_tongue: . If you have a red alarm then use the following diagram to make your cable

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/crossover+T1+cable

Okā€¦ so after wiping out entire system and installing everything from scratch, i am back to same status - RED alarms on the channel and span is Down; which leads me to enquire with my service provider about cabling, who are saying that they have given PRI connection to our DSL modem via straight thru cable. So can i assume that this is the problem and should change this cable to cross over to connect to my Allo PRI card on Asterisk server.
I will be very grateful if someone can confirm above for sure.

@piyushaghera

1. make sure PRI card is working fine by doing a loop back test.
    by default the allo card PRI ports are pin 1 2 are RX adn 4 ,5 tx
    connect a cable to allo card and other side cut the cable and loop the pins 1-4 & 2-5
    and check the asterisk cli for pri status ( dahdi show status)

2. Ask you pri vendor which is rx and tx from his side
    the connect there tx to rx pin fo allo card.
    check this link for pri cabling

regards
striker

Thank you for your inputs.
I did the loopback test as above and span and dahdi came up good. So i can safely tell now that the card is working good and my config as well.
Now let me chase my service provider to find out next point from you post (which will be very tough :frowning: based on my previous experience with them).

If your provider not helping then you can dig your self.

connect a straight cable between the allo card and pri modem
cut the cable at center.

Now make loop between the Modem side cable and Allo side cable.
from allo side pin 1 and Pin 2 is rx , so you keep loop one by one on modem side.

most of the Pri vendor modem will have ping 4 adn 5 as tx
some Fiber based Modem will be at 7 & 8

regards
striker

1 Like

Thatā€™s interestingā€¦
Just to re-confirm, after cutting the cable, i should connect pin 1 from allo side cable to pin 4 on modem side cable and connect pin 2 on allo side cable to pin 5 on modem side cable ? Next can be pin 7 and pin 8 on modem side cable ?
If this solves the issue and pri and dahdi comes up with any combination; that should be the correct configuration and continue with that cable set up?

If I use crossover adapter at allo end to connect staright cable from modem to allo card, will that be helpful ?

Thanks again for patience with my naive knowledge of cablingā€¦

you need to identify which pin is rx and tx from pri vendor side.

once identified , get a rj45 jack and crimping device and crim a new cable

regards
striker