Outbound call issues

Hye guys… can anyone help me to solve my problem… i’d already follow the instruction from this forum to solve this issue but still can’t get out of this… the problem is when i make a call, i’m unable to hear the callee voice but he can hear me… can someone notify the problem and give me the solutions.

this is my trunk sip settings…
username=xxxx
fromuser=xxxx
type=friend
secret=xxxx
requirecalltoken=auto&auto
qualify=yes
insecure=very
host=10.x.x.x
nat=yes
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
canreinvite=yes
allow=alaw&ulaw&gsm&ilbc&g729&speex&opus&silk24&silk16&silk12&silk8&speex32&speex16&g722&g726
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes

Sounds like a classic “one way audio” problem. Almost certainly it’s your firewall, but there are a couple of things in your trunk setup that could use some love:

Change that so that you don’t define it twice - it should be “auto”, so adding an additional “auto” to it can only cause problems.

This entry has been deprecated and should be updated to the current SIP settings that are appropriate. For more information, please look at Asterisk SIP COnfig Wiki

I’d be inclined to just say “all” here instead of a long laundry list of options, mostly because “all” will include all of these and alaw or ulaw are the ones that are probably going to get selected anyway.

Other than that, let us know if any of that helps.

hey… it’s working… thx dave… really appreciate ur help :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink: