Outbound Blacklist Database

Hi there!
We recently installed FreePBX 14.0.2.10 for an outbound call centre. Everything is going great - except the customer has now decided to inform us that they need the ability to add numbers to a blacklist to prevent them being dialled by call centre staff. This is for when people opt out of marketing calls - the staff may accidentally call the number anyway. The customer assures me that they have processes in place to prevent this happening but the blacklisting is for a ‘last resort’ solution.

I have done an extensive amount of Googling and have come up with some results from several years ago with various different options. The blacklist is already several thousand numbers long and so it’s not practical to add a Misc Destination for each one or to add them to an outbound route. Ideally we need the ability to add numbers into a database table and for the dialplan to check the table for a matching result.

We do not have the expertise to develop this in-house but I was wondering if anyone has a solution for this - I notice that the inbound blacklist feature in FreePBX is good, would there be a way for us to inject this into the outbound dialplan as well as inbound and we could potentially just use the existing tables?

I am not against paying a reasonable amount of development time for this as the customer is quite important for us.

1 Like

If you want to do this in the GUI, you’ll need to add another outbound route, add these numbers, and of course don’t connect it to a Trunk.

I’ve done this in the past as a Sangoma (paid) ticket. It’s not overly difficult, you leverage the [macro-dialout-trunk-predial-hook] context to check the outbound number against the dialed digits and abandon the call on match.

Thanks @lgaetz, will request a quote from Sangoma. @PitzKey unfortunately this approach would not work, as we have several thousand numbers on the list and it would become unmanageable.

Is there a ‘correct’ way to request a quote from Sangoma for this? I sent a message via https://www.sangoma.com/request-a-quote/ 2 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything. Just wanted to make sure I’m not missing anything obvious.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.