Out bound roots

Good day to everyone.

I have recently encountered a problem that I am not sure how to resolve

I have always had an inbound root directly to an extension

Everything worked fine I have made a couple of changes adding new extensions etc.

I have recently discovered that the inbound root has stopped working. There are also not many inbound calls that come through on this root hence I only discovered this now.

I have tested this sip trunk on another device and the inbound works perfectly

Any help will be appreciated

I should mention that I have 2 sip trunks connected

In Reports -> Asterisk Info -> Registries, does the failing trunk show as Registered?

Registered: On a failing inbound call, does anything appear in the Asterisk log? If so, paste that at pastebin.freepbx.org and post the link here. If nothing, run sngrep and report what (if anything) appears there on an attempted call.

Not registered: What, if anything, appears in the Asterisk log when it attempts to register?

1 Like

Good day to you and thank you so much for your response.

After looking at the logs I have realise that one of the trunks were not registered.

After fixing the problem trunk can receive incoming calls.

However, only the first trunk except incoming calls. The second trunk despite registered Will not also root to the same extension. Is this correct?

Is only one trunk allowed on an inbound root

Thank you again for your help

The trunk(s) route to a context, and that context identifies which inbound routes get accessed. So, the answer to your question is “No”, unless you’ve set up a bunch of non-standard inbound routes. The inbound routes then have destinations, one of which is “specific extension”, which is what I assume you’re using. If that’s the case, you can use different inbound routes to all point to the same destination or to different destinations.

1 Like

Hi. No I have not assigned a trunk to a particular root. To be honest, did not see a setting to do that. You are correct, the root is set to an extension. I currently have 2 trunks but only one is now rooting to The desired extension. How do I get the second one to do the same

Possibly, the provider for the second trunk is reporting the dialed number in a different way.

Create an Inbound Route with both DID Number and CallerID Number left at ANY. Call into the trunk not routing properly. Check what shows in the DID field of the CDR. If it shows ‘s’ or your account number, try changing the Context to from-pstn-toheader .

1 Like

Thanks guys. All sorted
It was a combination of issues. All have been explained in the above

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.