OSS Endpoint Manager no longer loads packages after upgrade to 13.0.2

Furthermore as far as I am aware and as far as I last checked the current stable release of OSS EPM DOES WORK.

My apologies on mistaking you for the maintainer. I forked your repo in order to begin reading the code to see if I could fix misc small bugs and made the assumption that since your repo had the freshest commits (and they were pushed by you), that you were the maintainer.

I never thought that Sangomia maintained it. That has been very clear ever since the closed source OSS fork, and is loudly announced in many places. A previous post made the assumption that that was my thought, but that individual is incorrect.

Yes. That is sad. But with attitudes and responses like I have received it is little wonder.

I suspect that (as with any for-profit company) Sangoma does what is in the best interest of their bottom line. That is certainly attested to by the many responses concerning the dollar value of their investment as justification for ending their support of OSS EPM. But I am spitting in the wind here.

(Please don’t shout.) According to the Module Admin interface, I just installed “13.0.6.7 Stable.” It manifests the exact symptom described in the OP’s subject line. A look firebug shows many jquery errors, etc. (Incidentally, this set me off on the trail of looking to see if I could fix it.) A further look seems to suggest that there is a mismatch on the MD5 hash after downloading the package. But there is no indication of this fed back to the GUI (at least on this installation), so it appears to sit there and do nothing.

I have no Endpoint Manager repo under my name. You must have forked the FreePBX repo.

Again. Not my repo. I merely merge in the external contributor commits. As can be seen here: Commits ¡ FreePBX-ContributedModules/endpointman ¡ GitHub

This is part of the process when people push external pull requests to the project for FreePBX. Someone has to merge them. That someone would be me. But you are right. I can just let them sit there and do nothing. That’s fine.

I have asked nicely in the past. Your attitude is wearing on me and your tone is aggravating. Forgive me for giving it back to you. So I have killed off OSS Endpoint Manager? Doesn’t seem like it with the community contributions: Commits · FreePBX-ContributedModules/endpointman · GitHub

Sangoma (formerly Schmooze) never supported the OSS EPM. 100+ modules are free and open source. We are arguing about one single module.

Ok.

Ok. It’s been working fine here but what do I know.

Anyways attitudes aside… these are your options

1. You can fix it
  2. You can wait for the community to fix it
  3. You can wait for me to fix it

Other people have replied to this thread. Sangoma employees and not, saying basically the same thing. I’ll just step back into the shadows on this thread now. You are highly upset/aggravated and don’t appear to want to hear from me (though you replied directly at me which triggers a notification).

Honestly I give up. The only way to please you is if I take on OSS EPM and fix the problems within. Which again, there were problems before this set of problems. I don’t see this thread going anywhere but in circles.

Strange… I was not the one shouting. Perhaps you are the one highly upset/aggravated?

But I agree: this is going nowhere and burning time I could be using to fix the problem. I will fix what I need to and post patches to my repo (after testing). If someone wants them they will be there.

This is what’s called “baiting”. You have no idea how I acted when I typed that. Maybe I left caps lock on. Anyways doesn’t matter I guess. You are poking and baiting me for a response. Why? What’s the point if you actually want to improve this module?

You have no CLA on file. You will need to fill out a CLA first. Otherwise your code will not be accepted. Sangoma Documentation

And your statement regarding me was not “baiting?” You have no idea how I am acting when I am typing either. This is simply a part of the depersonalization of technology. We learn to live with it. I am not upset at you or anyone. I simply made a valid observation about code management. If you or anyone else does not agree, that’s fine. However, I reserve the right to defend it.

I retain copyright to every one of the many thousands of lines of code I have contributed to OSS projects over the years. But that is a philosophical difference and given the climate of this discussion, we’d better avoid adding that to the mix. :wink:

My changes will be in my repo. If they help someone else, fine. If not, I (at least) needed them.

I appreciate your time. Let’s both get back to productive work.

Fair point.

Got it.