OSLEC Install

Hi all I am trying to see if I can get OSLEC to work on my FreePBX box. Asterisk 1.4 Dahdi 2.4.0 I am also using a Rhino dial card.

So I followed the post here but when I got to the end and typed make I got this:
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

It looks like all the other commands worked so I am stuck. Any help would be great!!

Thanks!

Nevermind I found my error. :slight_smile:

cd /usr/src
wget http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.28.tar.bz2
tar xjf linux-2.6.28.tar.bz2
mkdir /usr/src/dahdi/linux/drivers/staging
cp -fR /usr/src/linux-2.6.28/drivers/staging/echo /usr/src/dahdi/linux/drivers/staging
sed -i “s|#obj-m += dahdi_echocan_oslec.o|obj-m += dahdi_echocan_oslec.o|” /usr/src/dahdi/linux/drivers/dahdi/Kbuild
sed -i “s|#obj-m += …/staging/echo/|obj-m += …/staging/echo/|” /usr/src/dahdi/linux/drivers/dahdi/Kbuild
echo ‘obj-m += echo.o’ > /usr/src/dahdi/linux/drivers/staging/echo/Kbuild
cd /usr/src/dahdi/linux
make
make install

Well it has been so long since I did this I can’t remember exact steps. It had to do with the folder paths not being right. If you practice those steps enough you will begin to learn where it is looking for files and such.

BTW don’t bother it didn’t have any effect. Just buy a hardware echo canceller. it will give you the best results.

In fact to get rid of echo for me was to use FXOtune on the lines and the then use the hardware echo cancellation on my card. Also I am using Aastra 9480i’s. I could not figure out why all my calls going out were blasting on the TX side. I was only looking at the TX and Rxgains on the Rhino card. Turns out the Aastra phone TXgain had to be cranked down to -10 in additional to all the other stuff I did above. After that my Txgain was balanced and the echo gone like 99%. It will still never sound as good as a T1 card J

GL man.

If you wouldn’t mind sharing how you did this it would help as I am having problems following the same instructions.

gary

Hello,

I try to use the oslec echo canceller on my FreePBX 4.211.64-5 (asterisk 1.8) but when i use the command lsmod |grep dahdi i get:

dahdi_transcode 5304 1 wctc4xxp
dahdi_voicebus 48597 2 wctdm24xxp,wcte12xp
dahdi 205059 26 xpp,dahdi_transcode,wcb4xxp,zaphfc,rcbfx,opvxa1200,opvxa24xx,wctdm,wcfxo,wctdm24xxp,rxt1,r1t1,tor3e,wcte11xp,wct1xxp,wcte13xp,wcte12xp,dahdi_voicebus,opvxd115,wct4xxp
crc_ccitt 1369 2 wctdm24xxp,dahdi

WHERE IS THE dahdi_echocan_oslec ???

Is there a solution?

Kind Regards,

I highly suggest you do not follow this procedure. You will no longer be able to upgrade your distro. This procedure is fine on a roll your own machine.

If we are missing the OSLEC library just put a ticket in it will get added in the next build.

Thank you for taking the effort to write that up.

Finally the oslec echo canceller is working on Free PBX 4.211.64-5 (asterisk 1.8) with wctdm+ card e159:0001 Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F (OpenVox)

Follow the steps bellow. If someone will get stuck drop me a line to help him.
However, i do not think that you will need help because if you follow the step below everything will work flawlessly.

STEPS
/etc/init.d/dahdi stop

asterisk –r
module show like dahdi

module unload res_timing_dahdi
module unload chan_dahdi
module unload codec_dahdi
exit

/etc/init.d/dahdi stop

lsmod | grep dahdi

modprobe -r wctc4xxp;
modprobe -r wctdm24xxp;
modprobe -r wcte12xp;
modprobe -r xpp;
modprobe -r dahdi_transcode;
modprobe -r wcb4xxp;
modprobe -r zaphfc;
modprobe -r rcbfx;
modprobe -r opvxa1200;
modprobe -r opvxa24xx;
modprobe -r wctdm;
modprobe -r wcfxo;
modprobe -r wctdm24xxp;
modprobe -r rxt1;
modprobe -r r1t1;
modprobe -r tor3e;
modprobe -r wcte11xp;
modprobe -r wct1xxp;
modprobe -r wcte13xp;
modprobe -r wcte12xp;
modprobe -r dahdi_voicebus;
modprobe -r opvxd115;
modprobe -r wct4xxp;
modprobe -r wctdm24xxp;
modprobe -r dahdi_transcode;
modprobe -r dahdi;

lsmod | grep dahdi (you must not see anything loaded)

uname –r (2.6.32-358.0.1.el6.i686)
uname –a (Linux kinglyr_freepbx 2.6.32-358.0.1.el6.i686 #1 SMP Wed Feb 27 03:24:34 UTC 2013 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux)
cd /usr/src/
wget http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/dahdi-linux-complete/releases/dahdi-linux-complete-2.7.0.1+2.7.0.1.tar.gz

wget http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.32.27.tar.gz

cd /usr/src/
tar -xvzf dahdi-linux-complete-2.7.0.1+2.7.0.1.tar.gz
tar -xzvf linux-2.6.32.27.tar.gz
mkdir /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.7.0.1+2.7.0.1/linux/drivers/staging/echo
cp -fR /usr/src/linux-2.6.32.27/drivers/staging/echo /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.7.0.1+2.7.0.1/linux/drivers/staging (if you want to copy files manually, files must be copied at /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.7.0.1+2.7.0.1/linux/drivers/staging/echo)
sed -i “s|#obj-m += dahdi_echocan_oslec.o|obj-m += dahdi_echocan_oslec.o|” /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.7.0.1+2.7.0.1/linux/drivers/dahdi (NOT NEEDED ALREADY EXIST)
sed -i “s|#obj-m += …/staging/echo/|obj-m += …/staging/echo/|” /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.7.0.1+2.7.0.1/linux/drivers/dahdi (NOT NEEDED ALREADY EXIST)
echo ‘obj-m += echo.o’ > /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.7.0.1+2.7.0.1/linux/drivers/staging/echo/Kbuild
cd /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.7.0.1+2.7.0.1/linux/drivers/staging/echo
chmod 664 *
chown 1000:1000 *
cd /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.7.0.1+2.7.0.1/linux
yum install make
make
make install

#/etc/init.d/dahdi restart

Dahdi installation completed!!!

#echo ‘echo_can oslec’ >> /etc/dahdi/genconf_parameters
#echo ‘bri_sig_style bri’ >> /etc/dahdi/genconf_parameters
#/etc/init.d/dahdi restart (& REBOOT SYSTEM TO BE SURE THAT DAHDI IS LOADED CORRECTLY)
#dahdi_genconf
#dahdi_genconf modules
#dahdi_cfg -vvv ;to confirm dahdi works properly you must see the channel with oslec echo canceller and NOT “none”

INSTALL dahdi_tools (ADDITIONAL WORK!!!)
yum install gcc libusb libnewt
cd /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.7.0.1+2.7.0.1/tools
./configure
make
make install

REBOOT SYSTEM AND YOU ARE DONE!!!

Good Luck!!!

Kinglyr
Greece

OK! I leave the original post here for some one who is searching all the pieces together and i opened a ticket http://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FPBXDISTRO-14

Last I knew we already included OSLEC in our DAHDI RPMs

Check it because i have downloaded the 32bit version of the disto 4.211.64-5 and i checked the loaded modules (with lsmod|grep dahdi) of the wctdm card, i did not see any dahdi_echocan_oslec.