Operator Panel/Console Recommendations

I’m currently using an AsteriskNow 1.7.1 install having upgraded to Asterisk 1.8, Centos 5.7, and Freepbx 2.8. It appears that the FOP isn’t working (from what I’ve heard on the Forum).

I’ve heard of FOP2 and the iSymphony product. I think iSymphony is a bit pricey but could be worth it if it’s slick enough. Both for the operator and perhaps supervisors monitoring queues and such.

I’m just looking for recommendations and experiences you’ve had.

I’m also interested in something that provides a little more detail for the administrator as well (individual line/channel status on a T1, etc).

Your opinions are welcome! Thanks!

-Michael

Well, I think I’ll go with FOP2 then.

Thanks?

-Michael

It’s not a matter of no opinions, this topic has been discussed ad nausuem, why would we want to go through that all again for an audience of 1.

You also have to make up your own mind. Load up FOP2 and iSymphony and see what you want. You could also try the Tikal networks panel and post a review, nobody has looked at it.

That’s all I was looking for. I couldn’t find any discussions by searching the Forums. I suppose they get old as well. FOP used to be decent, now it doesn’t even work. What’s available changes, what works well changes, it’s all pretty dynamic.

Trying them myself is intuitively obvious, and I’m doing so. Sometimes the differences are a matter of what features you want. Sometimes there are those that are just crap, and a headsup not to waste my time would be welcome.

I wasn’t asking for a general debate…just some opinions; “FOP is crap, FOP2 and iSymphony are worth checking out”, etc. That’s the advantage of a community. We help each other out.

Anyway, I might check out Tikal networks panel.

Thanks,

-Michael

You didn’t really describe the application so it’s impossible to give recommendations.

FOP2 is only $40 and works great. No drag and drop transfer. iSymphony works great but is not a lightweight application, the price reflects that.

If you are looking for more of a click to dial/personal rather than an OP panel take a look at the xtelsio client.

FOP2 looks pretty good, but I’m still playing with it. I’m going to take a look at xtelsio as well.

-Michael