OpenVox Dahdi extension - No inbound

I installed an OpenVox a800p for some testing because I’ve never used any Dahdi hardware before.

Outbound calls to extensions and PSTN work fine. Inbound calls to the dahdi ext go straight to voice mail.

The system is:

Ubuntu 9.10
Asterisk 1.4.2.8
Dahdi Linux and Tools 2.2.1

Port 1 on the a800p is FXO
Port 2 on the a800p is FXS

Again,…Outbound calls to the PSTN and other extensions work fine from the analog phone I have on port 2. But I cannot call the ext inbound from another extension or the PSTN.

The analog phone is set up as a ZAP extension with:

channel 2
context from-internal
signaling fxo_ks
dial ZAP/1

chan_Dahdi.conf looks like this:

[channels]
language=en

; include dahdi extensions defined in FreePBX
#include chan_dahdi_additional.conf

; XTDM20B Port #1,2 plugged into PSTN
;AMPLABEL:Channel %c - Button %n

faxdetect=incoming
usecallerid=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echotraining=800
group=0
signalling=fxo_ks
context=from-internal
channel => 2
signalling=fxs_ks
context=from-zaptel
channel => 1

/etc/dahdi/system.conf looks like this:

fxoks=2
fxsks=1
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us
echocanceller=kb1,1
echocanceller=kb1,2

The only clue I have is this piece in the Asterisk log:

[Mar 18 00:35:32] WARNING[1920] channel.c: No channel type registered for ‘ZAP’
[Mar 18 00:35:32] WARNING[1920] app_dial.c: Unable to create channel of type ‘ZAP’ (cause 66 - Channel not implemented)

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??

Please check out this thread: FreePBX upgrade from 2.6 to 2.7 breaks DAHDI. It has lots of info on configuring and troubleshooting dahdi.

Before I read the article I got the phone working in and out by tweaking chan_dahdi.conf, deleting the extension and rebuilding it.

I think my signaling was wrong because I didn’t know that FXO used FXS signaling and vice versa. And I changed the default ZAP/1 in freePBX ext to Dahdi/2. I don’t understand why they don’t show an “Add Dahdi extension” with dahdi/1 as the default unless I missed something on my install. I’ve done about 15 systems but never noticed whether add dahdi ext was there or not because I never needed dahdi.

AnyHooo,

The analog phone works great in and out,…but I don’t see it in the source or clid on a report when I make an outbound call with it. Even if I call 1 of my SIP extensions the handset shows “unknown” …“unknown” on caller ID.

Once I get past that hurdle I am golden but I have yet to figure out why my little dadhi extension won’t ID itself.

Thanks again for your input,

Michael

Do you have a display name and/or CID alias on the extension config? Dahdi currently runs under Zap compatibility mode, so sometimes it shows up as Zap in FreePBX

I don’t think the ID problem had anything to do with what was in FreePBX. I had the display name in there from day one. One of the things I didn’t do in the initial install was gen_dahdi.

Oddly it correctly created /etc/dahdi/system.conf but NOT the chan_dhadi.conf

I had to do that myself

; include dahdi extensions defined in FreePBX
#include chan_dahdi_additional.conf
#include dahdi-channels.conf
; XTDM20B Port #1,2 plugged into PSTN
;AMPLABEL:Channel %c - Button %n

Then I had to manually create

[channels]
signalling=fxs_ks
callerid=asreceived
;group=0
context=from-pstn
channel => 1
context=default

signalling=fxo_ks
callerid=“Channel 2” <6070>
mailbox=6070
;group=5
context=from-internal
channel => 2
mailbox=6070
group=
context=default

This file doesn’t match what’s in FreePBX but until I created and tweaked it to the above nothing worked.

Anyway,…it all works now. I just hope I don’t have this kind of experience when I do a PRI or larger FXS channel bank.