One Touch Transfer to Voicemail from Auto-Answered Attended Transfer

I’m looking to accomplish the following, assuming Dynamic Features are my best bet. Bold indicates the features I haven’t figured out yet. Looking to determine if possible, and if so, what a rough dialplan might look like.

Caller calls in to queue
Internal Extension ExtA picks up
OutCall indicates they want to speak with ExtB
ExtA does attended transfer to ExtB, which is initiated from BLF (Sangoma S500 phone) and auto-answered
ExtB is not at phone, so ExtA decides to put OutCall to ExtB voicemail
ExtA presses 8, which ends call with ExtB and initiates call with ExtB voicemail (where ExtA would hang up immediately to complete attended transfer to voicemail)

The actual dynamic feature is working fine, whereby I can complete an arbitrary action on pressing 8. Right now I’ve just used some test placeholders in the dialplan, as I’m not sure what it would look like.

Is it possible to have a dialplan accomplish that?

Effectively, I’m trying to emulate the transfer to voicemail behavior of our old phone system as my users are complaining that the existing process below is too onerous. I disagree with them, but I promised I’d look into it anyways.

Caller calls in to queue
Internal Extension ExtA picks up
OutCall indicates they want to speak with ExtB
ExtA does attended transfer to ExtB, which is initiated from BLF (Sangoma S500 phone) and auto-answered
ExtB is not at phone, so ExtA decides to put OutCall to ExtB voicemail
ExtA cancels call with ExtB
ExtA blind transfers to *ExtB (not done from BLF, as they’re set to attended transfer)

Alternatively, if there’s a better option entirely to ease the transition of attended transfer to voicemail - that’s the ultimate goal here.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.