One extension lost abilty to place calls (both internal and external) - can receive calls

Hi:
Running a small cloud-based FreePBX 15 system for several years. For past several days, one of the extensions can no longer place calls either to outside phones nor other extensions.

Looking at logs when I try to make an internal call, it appears it’s showing as “unknown”:

411363[2022-03-24 15:18:13] VERBOSE[15583][C-0000000a] pbx.c: Executing [301@from-sip-external:1] NoOp(“PJSIP/anonymous-0000000e”, “Received incoming SIP connection from unknown peer to 301”) in new stack

And then being dropped:
411375[2022-03-24 15:18:13] VERBOSE[15583][C-0000000a] pbx.c: Executing [s@from-sip-external:7] Log(“PJSIP/anonymous-0000000e”, "WARNING,“Rejecting unknown SIP connection from 174.xx.yyy.zz:5060"”) in new stack

(note: 174.xx.yyy.zz is my WAN IP and is configured as Trusted in the FreePBX firewall. Also note that other extensions can dial without issues)

I’ve also noticed when dialing (internal or external) that I do hear a dial tone, but after that no audio whatsover - no messages, busy signals, errors etc.

As I mentioned above, inbound calls to this extension (internal and external, it has a DID routing directly) continue to work without any issues.

Wondering how this happened (I don’t believe I did anything in FreePBX that would cause this behavior) and how to fix it.

Thanks for any help and insights!

Have you tried replacing the phone?

Hi: In this case, it’s a POTS phone connected via Cisco SPA-112. The Cisco is configured for two extensions (otherwise identical configuration on both analog lines). Plugging the same phone into the other analog port on the Cisco (extension 311 vs 310), the phone can dial out without any problems. So my conclusion is that this is not related to either the phone nor the Cisco SPA hardware.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.