On-hook transfer & clarification

From my cisco spa504 phones I can tranfer calls by mean of:

press “xfer” softkey
dial extension
press “dial” softkey (if don’t want to wait end dial time)
press “xfer” softkey once the called extension answered

otherwise I can use the *2 function so

dial “*2” and heard an annoying "transfer"
dial extension
hang on when called extension answered (the called extensions and on-hold party hear a tone)

three buttons plus extension for first method, two buttons plus extension plus tones/message for second one

In a classic PBX usually just the pression of a single “transfer” button plus extension plus hung at the called answer is enough for an attendant transfer without tone or messages

Is there a way to accomplish this in FreePBX ??

Does the “XFER” button start a proprietary feature that can be modified to adapt to asterisk ?

Thank you

You would not have to press the dial if you had the dial plan configured correctly in the phone to match your extensions. These are the little things that are done for you by the phone techs that install conventional systems. In IP systems you have many dialplans and you have to design yours how you want it. Most people skip this step and users think the system sucks.

You would not have to press the dial if you had the dial plan configured correctly in the phone to match your extensions Just done, no more wait ! These are the little things that are done for you by the phone techs that install conventional systems I'm a conventional system phone tech.....;-)) just new approach to pure IP Anyway I never set up some transfer parameter, so just TRANSFER, DIAL, and HANG the handset , either before or after the called extension answers (so a step less to do a blind transfer if you decide it) I'm glad to know if there is a way to accomplish this in Asterisk People is lazy , if you propose a new PBX they say "why I have to press more keys than before for the same feature ?" Thank you for dialplan hint.

Of course when I started this post, I mean a SPA504G connected to a FreePBX system…

but most phones allow you to program buttons to do a transfer or just teach everyone to use ##