On Duty Phone, how to change number easily?

For the on call duty i use a virtual extension that has Follow Me enabled with the number of the phone we pass around.
Now that phone isnt needed anymore as everyone now has a work phone that they take home.
Per week another person is on duty and i’m looking for a simple way to change the number of the Follow me of the virtual phone.

Or if there is a better way to do this, i would like to know which direction to look into.

Right now i have a menu setup that runs from 18:00 to 07:00 that allows either a voicemail or to direct to the on duty phone. (in the menu the options calls the virtual phone that has the Follow me enabled)

I do that with the calendar module. I have 4 different on-call phones, so I created 4 different calendars, one for each on-call. Each calendar has a full day event for the day that this person is on-call, and I concatenated 4 time conditions so all the 4 calendars are checked. When the call arrives, the inbound route checks all calendars in sequence and sends the call to whichever calendar has the active event for the day. I know this is quite convoluted, but at least it works for my use case.

1 Like

This is perfect, never thought about it.
Since we set the weeks for half a year. Its simple enough to just adjust then.
Ty for the nudge in the right direction.
I’ll create all the virtual phones we need and make the conditions.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.