On Call Schedule

i need help figuring out the best way to create an “on-call schedule”. currently we have a ring group that is used by our IT department. this ring group dials a list of numbers in order until someone answers. i would like to make this ring group first check time conditions and if matched send the call to a choosen extension based on which time condition it matched.

for example, in normal working hours, the user would dial the ring group “1111”. it would check the time conditions and since none match if would proceed with the ring group list. during off hours the user would dial the ring group “1111” and the system would again check the time conditions. if any of the time conditions matched it would route the call to the indicated extension.

i am trying to find the best solutions to rotate on call to my IT memebers automatically.

if there is a better way please let me know.

I found a reference to this - http://www.asteriskdocs.org/en/3rd_Edition/asterisk-book-html-chunk/ExternalServices-SECT-1.html

Perhaps one could leverage these docs and make a calendar that has a phone number for every time slot - perhaps as the event description. The scripts could reference the calendar and route the call appropriately.

I have run into this Problem, too. Has it worked out?