On Call Rotation

I am trying to figure out a way to do this without having to manually go in every week and change the on call person. Currently we have an on-call phone that is passed around the office. A tech will have it for one week. Calls that are received after hours, and that the customer designates as an emergency through the IVR, and forwarded to the on call phone.

What I would like to do is eliminate this on call phone. It’s easy to lose or forget to charge up. I am trying to figure out a way to do a rotation, where automatically on Friday every week, the next person in the list gets bumped up to the top, and the person that was on call is bumped to the bottom of the rotation.

I can’t figure a good way to do this that doesn’t involves something highly manual. Has anyone done something like this, or have any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Anyone have any ideas on this? I still haven’t been able to come up with anything.

Set up a queue that users can log in and out of when their rotation starts and ends. Not sure about the mechanics of logging in and out of queues with external phones, but logging in and out with an internal extension and then using follow-me should work fine…