Old IP Address in sip headers?

Hi,

New to running FreePBX and am using the forums, search engines for everything so far. This issue has stumped me.

I have a newly installed and configured appliance. FreePBX 15 and Asterisk 16

I set it up on an initial IP address and have subsequently moved it to a new IP address (so that I could test the process before it it is moved to it’s final LAN).

All appears to work. I can access the GUI fully. I can send and receive external phone calls and internal phone calls. Everything works, except…

I installed Linphone on my Arch Linux laptop and made a call from my mobile to the external telephone number. It routed correctly and I was able to leave voicemail and take the call on Linphone

When I went to dial out, I noted that Linphone had recorded the number as
sip:[mobilenumber]@192.168.1.30

This was the original IP address that I setup the FreePBX on. I had changed the IP address to something completely different.

The PBX is still plugged into the same port in the same switch on the same network (192.168.1.0/24). So there may be some caching going on - but I doubt it.

I haven’t run wireshark on it, but my expectation is that the sip header contains the IP address and Linphone is using this header to determine the reverse call details .

Am I correct in that assumption?

I’m using IP addresses, not host names to address the server at this stage and I have nothing going through a firewall… everything is completely local (apart from going through the PSTN from the standard mobile call).

I have run grep across all files in both /etc/ and the html files (as I noted that some of the files in /etc/ were links to html files) to look for “192.168.1.30” and the only thing that pops up is the fail2ban log.

Anybody any idea what is going on? I am worried that when I put it live, there will be some configuration out there that says “hey, I can’t redial…!”

Thanks

Gary

Is the new IP updated in Settings > Asterisk Sip Settings > Nat Settings > External address?

HI Matthew,

No, the IP address there is still the external, public address not the old internal address.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.