Oddity with PJSip SRV

Good afternoon. I’m sure this is probably more of an Asterisk issue, but maybe someone has some thoughts on this.

I built a PJSip trunk. A SRV record was built in DNS to point to the 4 carrier targets, and once the Asterisk trunk was turned on, the trunk showed a match and pulled the 4 IPs. However, it showed as UNAVAILABLE, so it didn’t even try to send the call.

After pulling what little hair I have out, I discovered that I also needed to create an A-record for the SRV target (minus the SRV characteristics, like _sip). The only thing I can imagine is that the ping/options test Asterisk was doing to determine availability of the trunk wasn’t being done against the derived IPs from the SRV record, but instead being done against the newly-created A-record instead, which of course isn’t an accurate portrail of availability. I would have expected the availability would be run against the first priority IP, and if it’s down, then the second, and if that’s down, the third, etc.

Thoughts on this? I didn’t want to have to build an A-record for these, but it seems I have to in order for Asterisk to even see the trunk as operational.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.