█ Odd, random issues! Choppy voice, phones going offline and grayed out in FOP2

Hello folks.

I am in no way as PBX guru despite having used Asterisk for the last 10+ years.
I have a Centos based server setup running Incredible PBX 12.0.74 and Asterisk 13.12.2 running on a VPS with 8GB of RAM.

In recent weeks, we have started having a couple of different issues that I’m hoping your expetise can help with.

1. While on calls, and even when someone calls in and is listening to the IVR introduction, the voice quality is choppy.
    This seems to happen randomly and a reboot does not seem to be a fix.
    I ran the below when on one of these calls hoping it can help diagnose:

voipCLI> sip show channelstats
Peer Call ID Duration Recv: Pack Lost ( %) Jitter Send: Pack Lost ( %) Jitter
.* ****** 00:00:58 0000002867 0000000040 ( 1.38%) 0.0000 0000001387 0000000000 ( 0.00%) 0.0024
1 active SIP channel

1. The only primary extention in use goes offline.
    What I mean is , it shows grayed out on FOP2 and it does not recieve calls from the system.
    While this is happening, I can dial out fine from the extention but internally and externally.
    This resolves itself after some time, or a reboot of the GXP2160 which is on an external network (Ip whitelisted on firewall).

Any help you can provide is of course greatly appreciated.

Bump :frowning:

Without logs, there’s no way to troubleshoot this other than “the usual suspect” that you would have found with a cursory Google search, but …

Choppy voice is a sign of network congestion .

Machines losing their connectivity is a sign of network congestion.

The phones “going gray” is a sign of lost connectivity.

If you are having network problems, reloading your server is not going to help.

Check your logs.

Thank you for the feedback.
I monitor the system’s uptime (ping from outside, web services from outside) and it does not go down.
Which logs should I be checking, and what should I look for?

The usual suspects. Start with the /var/log/asterisk/ directory. The ‘full’ log will probably give you the most information, since it records every time a phone loses or gains connectivity.