Odd error in log, adding a null xtn to blacklist

Checking the list of messages shown when starting asterisk (or a core reload) I found these:

ERROR[16580]: pbx.c:10245 ast_add_extension2_lockopt: You have to be kidding-- add exten '' to context app-blacklist? Figure out a name and call me back. Action ignored.
WARNING[16580]: pbx_config.c:1654 pbx_load_config: Unable to register extension at line 10450 of /etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf
ERROR[16580]: pbx.c:10245 ast_add_extension2_lockopt: You have to be kidding-- add exten '' to context app-blacklist? Figure out a name and call me back. Action ignored.
WARNING[16580]: pbx_config.c:1654 pbx_load_config: Unable to register extension at line 10451 of /etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf
WARNING[16580]: pbx_config.c:1654 pbx_load_config: Unable to register extension at line 10452 of /etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf

Humorous as they may be, it seems odd. extensions_additional for those lines is the following:

[app-blacklist]
include => app-blacklist-custom
exten => s,1,Macro(user-callerid,)

exten => ,1,Goto(app-blacklist-add,s,1)
exten => ,n,Goto(app-blacklist-remove,s,1)
exten => ,n,Goto(app-blacklist-last,s,1)

;--== end of [app-blacklist] ==--;

With the three mentioned lines being the three Goto statements shown.
As there’s not much there, I can’t find anything to ‘fix’. Does anyone have any hints?
Thanks.

These are not valid dial-plan rules. You need an extension.

Well, they are in extensions_additional.conf, so they’re added by FreePBX, not me.
I don’t even have anything blacklisted (to my knowledge)

I noticed that the formatting of that post was not quite right, so I’ve fixed that up. I also re-checked the file to confirm that what is in there is the same as what is here, and yes, that’s exactly how it is in the config file.

Could someone try a ‘core reload’ and have a look at their output, or check in their extensions_additional.conf file, perhaps this is common?
Thanks

This is what happens when you disable the blacklist feature code(s) in Admin, Feature Codes. While the only side effect is the log error, I would still consider this a bug, pls report it at http://issues.freepbx.org

Lorne

Ah ! Thanks!
I do have those three options disabled, turned them off to avoid someone accidentally blacklisting a caller, we have no need for the feature so it seemed safe.

I don’t think I’d have found that one, so I appreciate the help.
I’m trying to trim down the errors and warnings listed an a start/reload, so that if there is something there that actually needs attention, I can see it!

I’ll log a quick issue ticket for it.

1 Like