Numerious Errors due to Certificate Manager update failure

Certificate Manager update script failed.

Would sure be great to have some errors.

Says there is problem with the update script. Errors in other functions seem to be fallout from the result of the module changing to disabled.

Please provide more debug. There’s nothing we can do with what you have provided.

Error example is from Voice Admin / clicking on user

What happens when you run it from the command line?

[root@12-dev-a certman]# amportal a ma install certman

Fetching FreePBX settings with gen_amp_conf.php..

Generating CSS...Done
Module certman successfully installed

SETTING FILE PERMISSIONS...................Done
Removing any dangling symlinks
Dangling symlinks removed
[root@12-dev-a certman]#

Please copy and paste your stuff, and wrap them in <code> … </code> or <pre> … </pre> tags. It makes it easier for other people to find it, as people can’t search the contents of images.

I did figure out that if the install crashes for any reason in 12, you only see the error in the freepbx debug log. Have a look at that, that’ll tell you what the problem is. I’ve patched framework to display the error, rather than logging it here –

Feel free to manually change ‘dbug’ to ‘out’ in that file and you’ll see the error.

Thanks. When I post a snipping, it is usually because I am not able to copy and paste. For example, I don’t currently know how to copy from putty session.

Any idea why the module was not upgrading and disabled the module?

The very act of selecting text in PuTTY copies it. Right click pastes.

1 Like

Great, so what is your suggestion to fix my Certificate Manager update issue in 6.12.65-30 distro.

^ answer. Update framework. Update certman. Post error here.

Nothing (blank) in freepbx_debug log. No change in module admin results. Not sure how you suggest updating framework. Forced freepbx framework re-download in mod admin for 12.0.76. If I need to do something else, please be specific.

This problem began with a simple update of modules offered in system status. Am I the only one in the world who had a problem with that update?

We aren’t saying that. We are trying to get useful debug. We can’t get that. There IS not debug (at least from you)

Apparently so. I didn’t bother releasing a new version for a single word change from ‘dbug’ to ‘out’, but I’m doing it now. 76.1 will be on the mirror servers shortly.

Great, but I meant the Cert Module Update.

By the way, the error I posted above probably is a good hint on what is wrong. Somehow, changes to the certificate module or script doesn’t play well when no certificates exist. Your root update example is probably working because you have a certificate. Just a wild guess.
First thing to check when something fails is did it ever successfully do what you are asking it to do and if so, what changes have been made.

Your machine is erroring when it’s trying to create a certificate, yes.

What the error is, I don’t know. Prior to framework 76.1, the error wouldn’t be displayed if there was a problem at that specific point of upgrading a module.

When you update framework, so you can see the error, the resolution should be immediately obvious - we try to be verbose and descriptive with our errors!

1 Like
Installing certman No Certificates exist Generating default CA...Install error! Error Generating Certificate: unable to load Private Key 3077879532:error:06065064:digital envelope routines:EVP_DecryptFinal_ex:bad decrypt:evp_enc.c:596: 3077879532:error:0906A065:PEM routines:PEM_do_header:bad decrypt:pem_lib.c:483: Error(s) installing certman: Failed to run installation scripts

Does this need to be re-posted as a bug?