Number of simultaneous calls per route

Hi,
I want to limit the number of simultaneous calls per outbound routes.

Can be performed?

If your looking ofor outbound control, on the trunks, you can specify a number of calls before it becomes unavailable.

I want to divide into groups, each team will exit through its outbound routes,
and will have a limit of 2 calls in parallel to the group (for example)

Look this: https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FCM/Outbound+Call+Limiting-Admin+Guide

Outbound Call Limiting
$195.00 for 25 year license or $65.00 for a 1 year license

The ā€œOutbound Call Limitingā€ limit the maximum number of calls to the same telephone number,
But I want to limit the number of calls simultaneously (and not to a certain number)

Because of the one-to-many relationship between routes and trunks, trying to limit the channels in the route is less effective than other solutions. Routes donā€™t actually do channels - thatā€™s a trunk thing.

The simplest way to do this, to my mind, is set up a Trunk for each team, route your calls out through the trunk, and use the trunk channel limit for the trunks.

The problem with this approach is that itā€™s often hard to get a bunch of trunks to a single provider to work right all the time.

Another solution would be to use some custom code that looked at the ā€œgroupā€ for the callers and run a counter that you maintain for each of the teams.

This entire discussion runs counter to the normal direction PBX installers want to do. For most installations, we want to maximize the number of outbounds and inbounds so that no one ever gets a ā€œchannel Unavailableā€ warning.

Some ITSP will give you multiple trunks, or you can just open different accounts, and not use IP athentication, but username/password. It would get a little ā€˜complicatedā€™ if you have many groups, but at least you should be able to control concurrent calls. You would also have to create outbound routes for each group as well since a route then connects to a Trunk to actually leave the system. (Normally an outbound route would control which trunk and set the CID to display)

The cleanest way to do this would be, as also suggested, to write come custom code and check your groups. Maybe based on the AccountID ascociated with each endpoint.

1 Like