Not set to 'Dynamically Generate Hints'

Hello all. I’ve switched “User & Devices Mode” setting under Advance Settings>System Setup to “deviceanduser” vs. the default “extensions”. After doing so, on the FreePBX System Status page, I get the following alert:

“You are set to Device and User mode but are not set to ‘Dynamically Generate Hints’ which can result in improper phone state behavior. This can be changed on the Advanced Settings page, check the tooltip for specific configuration details.
Added 4 days, 22 hours, 42 minutes ago
(framework.NO_DYNAMICHINTS)”

I can’t find any setting to do with “hints” under the Advanced Settings page. What exactly should I be looking to enable? Google searches have not turned up anything useful, unfortunately. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can provide.

At the top of “Advanced Settings” set “Display Readonly Settings” to true, click the checkmark to apply settings then reload the “Advanced Settings” page. Additional options will now be displayed.

That was it, thanks!

I’ve followed all these steps, and now when I change the value to true, there is no checkbox or reset icon that is displayed. I have tried it from Firefox and Chrome with no success.

See https://imgur.com/Qbtjyma - that’s after I checked it off

bump?

Why don’t you just set it to false? What is the big deal with the reset icon (which sets to it false)

You have to set, “OVERRIDE READONLY SETTINGS” to True.
You have to set, “DISPLAY READONLY SETTINGS” to True.
Then you will see their little check marks to the right of each line to "check"
Then go to the top and click APPLY CONFIG.
Then REFRESH the Page, (leave the page and come back or press F5)

Now go down to the DIALPLAN and OPERATIONAL section
10th Item down, is "DYNAMICALLY GENERATE HINTS"
Set to TRUE.
Click the CHECK BOX to the far right of that line.
Then go to the TOP and click the APPLY CONFIG

Now, REFRESH the page.

VERY… VERY IMPORTANT! YOU MUST GO BACK AND SET THE “DISPLAY READONLY SETTINGS” and the “OVERRIDE READONLY SETTINGS” to FALSE

Once you do, click the little “CHECK” box at the end of each line.
Then go to the top and click the APPLY CONFIG

Then REFRESH the page to clean up.

That should do it, if I’m not missing anything.

-sapphire