Not registering with flowroute

using FreePBX 13.0.194.2
Trying to setup a trunk with flowroute. Outgoing calls are working but incoming are getting number not in service message. I used the flowroute system configurator to configure the trunk. Not sure if this is part of my issue but when I enter the incoming sip settings register string and click submit and apply when i go back the register string is missing. Flowroute shows no SIP registrations. Not sure where to start troubleshooting this.

IIRC somebody reported this here not too long ago, try searching here. Make sure your modules are updated.

Also, logs are very helpful.

Modules are up to date. Tried searching the missing string issue and couldnā€™t find anything similar.

asterisk log file
https://pastebin.com/ksarN03W

I was referring to this.

Thanks. this is definitely my issue. Do you know if there is another way I can manually put the register string ia the CLI? Seems like I canā€™t get it to register until this is bug is fixed or with another version.

Though I know nothing about the issue, here are some possible workarounds:

1. Put the register string into the file /etc/asterisk/sip_registrations_custom.conf (format is ā€œregister=ā€ without the quotes followed by the string you would normally enter on the Trunk page).
  2. Use a pjsip trunk rather than chan_sip.
  3. Instead of registration, set up a Host route at Flowroute that routes directly to the public IP address of your PBX. See https://manage.flowroute.com/accounts/interconnection/routes/

SalĆ¼ David

We put it in the MySQL table asterisk.sip and do an apply in the GUI. This works for us and we can change anything else in the GUI without overwriting the /etc/asterisk/sip_registrations_custom.conf on each apply.

Maybe you have to browse the table to understand the function.

gruss ivo

Huh? Neither the GUI nor reloading or restarting Asterisk should ever overwrite any of the files with ā€˜customā€™ in their name. IMO itā€™s very unlikely that this bug (or any plausible bug) would write anything into these files. They are specifically provided for manual modifications to the config.

Uuups, sorryā€¦ I donā€™t read exactly (and just copy/paste) what you wrote and sure, apply donā€™t touch _custom Files.

Thanks a lot, it work now!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.