Not in Context: Trouble Configuring Twilio to Call Out

I have followed these instructions here accept I used sip_custom_post.conf instead of sip.conf and extensions_custom.conf instead of extensions.conf

But every time I try to place a call from my phone I get the following errors in the logs:

NOTICE[5361][C-00000001]: chan_sip.c:25184 handle_request_invite: Call from '818' (99.7.231.29:58911) to extension '+12404861200' rejected because extension not found in context 'from-trunk'

I get the same error when using from-internal
I am not sure what context to use

I am trying to route calls to standard lines though Twilio

Unless you have otherwise provided for that particular route (which you apparently haven’t yet), don’t dial the initial +

Have you read the wiki here yet?

Removing the + doesn’t change the outcome.I have been reading the wiki but I think there is something I am either not understanding or overlooking. It’s my understanding that all configurations should be entered from the GUI now but these instructions are asking me to make changes directly to the file and I can’t find a one to one correlation.

NOTICE[5361][C-00000005]: chan_sip.c:25184 handle_request_invite: Call from '818' (99.7.231.29:58911) to extension '12404861200' rejected because extension not found in context 'from-trunk'.

Generally

would not be found in from-trunk, that would be for calls from your trunk and routed by your defined inbound routes, if you are calling out then your context would be by default from-internal, and that would include your outbound routes, did you define one to cover +12404861200 ?, until you do you it just wont work, if you read the wiki a little more that will become clearer to you, if you read the top few lines of the files you possibly have been trying to edit it will tell you “not to do that” the reasons why are expanded in the wiki, and yes, in most cases you can use the GUI exclusively, but you just gotta RTFM :wink: