Not getting calls logged to /var/log/asterisk/full

Hello again everybody,

I’m running FreePBX 2.10 on Ubuntu 12.04 server.
While I do appear to get most logs in /var/log/asterisk full, I don’t see outgoing and incoming calls being logged there. On my FreePBX Distro system I get all these logs appearing. Probably has something to do with the Ubuntu hack of an install that I performed to get FreePBX working.

Any ideas? I did try this:

in /etc/asterisk/ logger_logfiles_custom.conf

console => notice,warning,error
full => notice,warning,error,debug,verbose

It would be nice to see these logs. Next question is getting the CDR working.
Thanks for any assistance with this.

The verbosity of the logs is governed by

verbose = N

in /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf

I tried that, then tried calling extension to extension and nothing in the log still. Any other ideas?

Thanks.

No, IWFM in Debian, sorry.

Are you sure

logger_logfiles_custom.conf

is included in

logger.conf

?

Yep, here are two files. And full logfile shows that it read these files. I’m starting to think this might just be a botched install on Ubuntu. I really don’t want to reinstall however, as it’s in production currently.

logger.conf
[general]
#include logger_general_additional.conf
#include logger_general_custom.conf

[logfiles]
#include logger_logfiles_additional.conf
#include logger_logfiles_custom.conf

logger_logfiles_custom.conf
; Format is “filename” and then “levels” of debugging to be included:
; debug
; notice
; warning
; error
; verbose
;
console => notice,warning,error
full => notice,warning,error,debug

Your previous post had verbose in the full => line the last post not so much, you will need that.

I had tried messing with those settings to no avail. I added verbose back in and still, when I dial out or calls come in, nothing is logged to full.

Jim

I just noticed this in the freepbx status page, which may have something to do with the issue.

retrieve_conf failed to sym link:
/etc/asterisk/logger.conf from core/etc (Already exists, not a link)
This can result in FATAL failures to your PBX. If the target file exists and not identical, the symlink will not occur and you should rename the target file to allow the automatic sym link to occur and remove this error, unless this is an intentional customization.

Sorry it took so long to respond, but it seems setting the following in the asterisk cli:

core set verbose 3

Did the trick. It now logs to the full logfile - what I was looking for. It was set to 0 by default. I think this will stay after a reboot.

Of course you can add more verbosity to the logs, I think up to 99.

Jim

It will not survive a rebout youi will need to edit

/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf

to something like

[options]
timestamp=yes
debug=3
verbose=3