Noob needs help with a few issues

I have asterisk@home 2.8 installed and the latest freepbx version I believe. I could not log into free pbx this morning and I did a yum update on the machine now having problems.

There is also both “versions” of centOS listed on start-up centOS(2.6.9-34.0.1EL) and centOS-4 i386(2.6.9-34.EL)when I try to log into the first one there is no zaptel registry availible, but still can make and recieve calls?

Please give me any assistance that you can. I am using asterisk in a production environment and cannot afford to loose data so please no guessing, system is working just quirky so can be patient. Thanks

Issue 1:
Cannot log into freepbx anymore. get the following on a blank page after putting in the correct log in attempt:

[nativecode=Access denied for user ‘maint’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)] ** mysql://@localhost/asterisk

Issue 2:
My asterisk box is displaying over and over even when loading up

192.168.1.122 (this is not even the ip for the box) sent an invalid ICMP type 3, code 3 error to a broadcast: 192.168.1.255 on eth0
any clues?

Issue 3:
when I try to log into ARI (ast recording interface) I get the following message:
DB Error: connect failed

Cannot connect to the asterisk database
Check AMP installation, asterisk, and ARI main.conf

This is all I can remember right now. Everything else seems to work ok. Flash panel, CRM (i use tiger I dumped sugar about 3-4 days ago).
Very frustrated at this point hope you guys can help.
Freedumb

I expect your issue with ARI will clear up when you sort out the FreePBX problems. The default ARI install uses the FreePBX passwords and database names. You can set them yourself in /var/www/html/recordings/includes/main.conf.php using the “standalone” and other variables.

Dan

Thanks for your response but I have no idea how to use the info that you told me.
Additional clearification, since I some of this going on the right track. ok Zaptel not and issue anymore, did rebuild as is well. also able to have only the version of CentOS load up now since I made it so the newer kernel doesnt show or load. So I will always be on CentOS 2.6.9-34.EL-i686

However the 1, 2, 3 issues above are still a the problem?

error 2002 (HY000)

start MYSQL in safe mode
mysqld_safe
see /var/log/mysqld.log for error most likly your .pid was not found or the folder not right permissions…

problem with FREEPBX and using amportal to restart / start.

find where the pid is and give permission to folder

number of processes running now: 0
060524 09:58:44 mysqld restarted
060524 9:58:46 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 43634
060524 9:58:46 [ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Can’t create/write to file ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid’ (Errcode: 13)
060524 9:58:46 [ERROR] Can’t start server: can’t create PID file: Permission denied
060524 09:58:46 mysqld ended

Issue resolved by the following steps:

nano /boot/grub/menu.lst

And put a # sign before and after the new Kernel so only the old one loads up:

title CentOS (2.6.9-34.0.1.EL)
root (hd0,0)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-34.0.1.EL ro root=LABEL=/1
initrd /initrd-2.6.9-34.0.1.EL.img

then followed nerd vittles instuctions agian for the following
cd /usr/src
rm -rf /usr/src/freepbx
svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amportal/freepbx/trunk freepbx
cd freepbx
./install_amp --force-version=2.1.1
amportal restart

You’re now set up to download future updates whenever you need them using commands like this:

cd /usr/src/freepbx
svn update
./install_amp --force-version=2.1.1
amportal restart

Now all issues are resolved and nothing compromised.

Thanks for the responses.