I’m running Asterisk 1.8 and FreePBX 2.9
After using Yum to downgrade my php from 5.3 to 5.2 (failed and I ended up reinstalling 5.3) (this could have something to do with dependencies not getting patched up), I can’t get into the FreePBX web GUI to do some much needed configuration work on my PBX. Of the 3 options on the main page, only the Flash Operator Panel works… the other 2 go to a blank page.
I also get fatal errors in broken english when trying to start amportal (PASTED BELOW).
Oddly enough, my phone system works 100% fine, so Asterisk is running strong. Of course, I can’t change any of my settings or look at anything!
=========ERROR MESSAGES =====================================================
**** WARNING: ERROR IN CONFIGURATION ****
astrundir in ‘/etc/asterisk’ is set to but the directory
does not exists. Attempting to create it with: 'mkdir -p ’
mkdir: missing operand
Try `mkdir --help’ for more information.
**** ERROR: COULD NOT CREATE ****
Attempt to execute 'mkdir -p ’ failed with an exit code of 1
You must create this directory and the try again
-------If anyone is wondering why on earth I wanted to downgrade my PHP, i was doing it as a workaround… so i could install a patch for the old php versions <=5.2 called zend-optimizer. This old patch for PHP appeases outdated dependencies in FreePBX’s package manager which still look for zend-optimizer even though it’s not necessary with the new PHP 5.3, so to use the patch, you need to downgrade to 5.2 and install the zend-optimizer patch — see: http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/installation/php-component-zend-optimizer-is-required
Correction… Asterisk is only 95% up. If a caller presses # for the company directory, Asterisk drops the call.
This could give more insight into what is wrong too. (some kind of a database issue)
Sounds like php is not running or mis-configured. The Comapny Directory uses a AGI script which needs php to execute.
Thanks I kind of assumed that… do you have any idea how to fix this, or do I need to do a wipe and fresh install
I am not sure. It would be tough to troubleshoot here.
You could do a reinstall or look at using the FreePBX paid support to help you get it fixed.
I don’t mind doing a reinstall of FreePBX… BUT how can I make sure my settings don’t get wiped?
Since my phone system is working without freePBX (except for the “company directory”), can I assume all my PBX settings (trunks, extensions, etc) are in Asterisk, and so they’ll be recognized by the clean install of FreePBX?
As for the reinstall process, can I just uninstall FreePBX in Yum, and then reinstall it? Is there anything else I should reinstall while I’m at it?
I would do a fresh install as your issue is not a FreePBX issue but a apache/php issue. The problem is without a working GUI you wont be able to run a backup so hopefully you have a current one.
Thanks! The problem actually revealed itself upon trying to reinstall!
I went to install the only version of FreePBX in yum (2.7… i had 2.9 already). It confirmed the installation of 2 dependencies before continuing, so I stopped the installation of 2.7 right there, installed those 2 dependencies, and BAM my 2.9 was working again!! (:
Still though, I spent so much time running into lots of sticky issues when trying to install 3rd party add-ons that I want for my system before it goes live. I realize now that I should have gone with the incredible PBX distro (also free), but I didn’t know about it when I went with the AsteriskNOW distro. Incredible PBX already includes most of the third-party add-on’s I want (some of which, like TTS, don’t directly support Asterisk 1.8 and required tweaking from the folks at incredible pbx that I really would rather not do in order to get everything to work with *1.8). So, I’m going to end up wiping my system anyway I think and doing their distro :-/
I honestly don’t know why Asterisk pushes AsteriskNOW. It’s obviously aimed at newbies, but something much more complete like incrediblePBX or even freepbx’s distro is going to be much better.