No Sound after updates last night

Seems like the IP address in the SPD is the issue:

v=0
o=- 1318079683 1318079683 IN IP4 0.0.0.0
s=Asterisk
c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0

How is the IP address determined?

I digged through all related conf files and found itā€™s a bug in FreePBX which gets updated on my system by a cronjob. The update added

bind_rtp_to_media_address=yes
media_address=0.0.0.0

for each extension. I opened a bug report for FreePBX: https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-15009

These pjsip parameters were recently added, but in my testing with the latest edge versions, audio works just fine. Perhaps @xrobau can comment.

Well, i can only tell that I didnā€™t change anything by myself, just got the email that there were several modules updated overnight and it worked on Monday and didnā€™t work starting Tuesday. You have the exact same lines in pjsip.endpoint.conf? So I will leave the edge track updated for now.

If you remove those lines from the file, and then do a ā€˜core reloadā€™, does that solve the problem? Iā€™m current in India at the moment, and itā€™s 8:45pm, so I wonā€™t be able to look at in in detail for another 12 hours, unfortunately.

As I mentioned in the bug report, I removed the lines with sed and did a reload and all was fine again. Before I compared the conf with a backup from last week and this was the only difference in that file.

This is fixed in Core 14.0.1rc1.10 and 13.0.120.3 - Thanks for the bug report!

1 Like

I have just run into this problem, removing the lines resolved the issue but would prefer a proper patch.

This problem only existed for 1 or 2 days on the Edge Track and was fixed 11 days ago.

I upgraded to .20 week before last, then did a module upgrade (approx 15 updates) this morning.

As a result of the module updates, extensions could not call each other.

I have just performed an ā€œapply configā€ and extensions could not connect again, I found that the ā€œapply configā€ had put the lines back - so I removed them again.

Is there a fix for this?

Please see:

Hi everyone, Iā€™ve run into a problem and need some help diagnosing it. All calls between extensions ring normally, but as soon as they are answered, the display shows ā€œheldā€. Pressing the hold button does not change the ā€œheldā€ status. Inbound calls from outside do the same thing, as well as dialing voicemail. Iā€™m using FreePBX 13.0.192.9 with Polycom SP550 phones. Please let me know what information is needed to help diagnose the problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

same problem after upgrades

I think this will resolve that problem also.

received email for upgrade note:

There are 5 modules available for online upgrades
backup 13.0.26.6 (current: 13.0.26.5)
core 13.0.120.2 (current: 13.0.119.10)
framework 13.0.192.9 (current: 13.0.192.8)
ivr 13.0.27.3 (current: 13.0.27.1)
recordings 13.0.30.11 (current: 13.0.30.9)

Unfortunately server disordered after upgraded.

canā€™t pick incoming call
canā€™t make outgoing call
canā€™t call extensions
voicemail password not working

Fortunately recovered from full system backup.

I also fresh-install an new machine: still debian jessie+freepbx 13, reload failed,

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

click here for more info
1 error(s) occurred, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details.

Thus, for debian+freepbx users, be careful for above upgrades.

fwconsole reload

ā€œfwconsole reloadā€ worked in the past, but not successful this time

And it posts an error. So help us help you and post the error

fwconsole reload --verbose

Sorry the system with fresh-installing was destroyed,

broken oneā€™s error as below:

res_hep_rtcp.c: res_hep is not loaded or running; declining module load

WARNING[1311] res_snmp.c: Could not load res_snmp.conf

ERROR[1311] chan_unistim.c: Unable to load config unistim.conf

ERROR[1311] app_amd.c: Configuration file amd.conf missing.

ERROR[1311] chan_phone.c: Unable to load config phone.conf

ERROR[1311] pbx_dundi.c: Unable to load config dundi.conf

Please provide debug from the command I posted. The ā€œerrorsā€ you provided are not errors at all and have been in freepbx since the dawn of time.

If you donā€™t have reload errors then you donā€™t have an issue anymore. As for no audio thatā€™s been discussed at length in the forums. Including a thread you were involved in.