No Ringing for the person who is calling my DID

Are you suggesting reading the logs related to the VOIP phone ? I had assumed that the logs I pasted above would have included the data. If not, how do i achieve that ?

“pjsip set logger on”, for the currently supported driver, or “sip set debug on”, for the deprecated one.

Although I’m not used to reading ISDN traces in such detail, it appears to me that it has switched to early media, so is expecting the outgoing leg to provide ring back as early media (not entirely true, as Asterisk could provide it as early media, but, in this case, I think the outgoing leg has started early media).

So how do I set “early media” here? Here is the log after setting pjsip logger on :

https://pastebin.freepbx.org/view/02af4ee7

There shouldn’t be early media here, as there is no 183 Progress. What makes me think that the ISDN side is being told there is early media is:

However, I’m not used to reading ISDN logs. I may have overlooked something or over-interpreted them.

Also, I’m basically an Asterisk person, but whilst a lot is in common with Asterisk, there are a lot of details in the dialplan, and configuration that are likely to be FreePBX specific,

Incidentally, you probably do not want early media, as many providers will suppress it, with only other network operators being allowed to send it. However, in that case, I would have expected Alerting to be honoured.

Incidentally, it is better to take the logs from the log files, as they contain more time stamps, the the forum preference is to upload them to pastebin.freepbx.org.

OP is actually using chan_pjsip, and this is for chan_sip. Moreover it is for the A leg, but the OP’s SIP is on the B leg.

(RING should be RINGING in Asterisk terms; it uses both terms.)

Same concept,

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+Configuration_res_pjsip

inband_progress Boolean no false Determines whether chan_pjsip will indicate ringing using inband progress.

1 Like

Same wrong leg.

Also, as pointed out before, early media may well be suppressed, to avoid allowing free information calls.

The A leg obviously does not need to know it is ringing, just the B leg of the bridge (which needs the ‘one ringy dingy’ thing one way or another)

So, how do I set inband_progress to True? I can see sip settings provides for custom settings through the GUI, but couldn’t find out any such settings for pjsip thorugh the GUI. Might as well try to see if it works for me

It’s the trunk that needs to send progress in band so it shouldn’t matter whether the extension is pjsip or chan_sip.

Possibly, your issue is the same as this one and the same solution will work:

The OP’s subject says “the person who is calling”; that is the A leg. By ringing, he actually means ring back tone.

Let me see if setting zones to uk would be of any help

Seems like setting the zones to uk creates its own set of problem, with the FreePBX returning a busy announcement even before the extension rings

Perhaps overly simple, but in Inbound Routes/(your route)/Advanced is “Signal Ringing” set to YES?

I had to set this setting to get ringback relayed to any of my DID inbound routes. [ external callers]

The ISDN trace shows it is sending Alerting, which is what Ringing means in ISDN.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.