No network adapters found

Hi!

I installed FreePBX on my CentOS VPS with the help of the tutorial at https://www.digitalocean.com/community/articles/how-to-install-freepbx-on-centos-6-4

And then I came to http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FD/FreePBX+Distro+First+Steps+After+Installation for the post installation setup.

I couldn’t find any network adapters under Admin > System Admin > Network Settings.

It says “No network adapters found”

I got this from my server for the reference.

ifconfig eth0
eth0: error fetching interface information: Device not found

ifconfig venet0
venet0 Link encap:UNSPEC HWaddr 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00
inet addr:127.0.0.1 P-t-P:127.0.0.1 Bcast:0.0.0.0 Mask:255.255.255.255
UP BROADCAST POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:1332 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:1685 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:143577 (140.2 KiB) TX bytes:1287596 (1.2 MiB)

I have a static IP.

What shall I do now?

What does dmesg say?

I am sorry I am a newbie to linux. If I have got you properly, I executed “dmesg” in the terminal. But I got nothing.

Please close this thread, coz I don’t need assistance on this matter any more. I removed FreePBX from my VPS.

Thank you SkykingOH.

Well I guess giving up is one option.

What did you use instead?

I have a spare VPS. So, thought of trying something new to learn something new. While Googling I found this project and thought of giving a try. But, I had to give up in the middle coz I don’t get enough support from this community. :slight_smile:

I don’t usually get up upset here, but you’re way out of line saying you don’t get any support from this community. Skyking asked for your dmesg to help diagnose the problem. There are literally dozens of things that could prevent an os from seeing a network adapter, and that’s with a dedicated machine. The potential problems become more complex with virtualization. The problem isn’t strictly a FreePBX problem, but a basic Linux problem compounded by the fact that it is on a virtual machine. Without more information it’s impossible to even make a guess.

I am so sorry. My intention was not to hurt anyone here.
As I mentioned earlier I got back nothing, when I executed dmesg.

Running from bash

lspci

will be very indicative if you see an ethernet controller, it would need to be supported by the software you are installing, if nothing returns then your virtual network adapter would be presented at some other level and you would need to build a venet0:0 to assign an address to, as you have no ethx device using such a gui as you might well fail unless it looks for devices other than eth*

Many cloud servers are very limited as to kernel function and dmesg returning nothing is indicative of that.

pcilib: Cannot open /proc/bus/pci
lspci: Cannot find any working access method.

Many cloud servers are very limited as to kernel function and dmesg returning nothing is indicative of that.

I didn’t know that

was not built correctly. what hypervisor is being used?