No Music on Hold

When I place a call on hold there is no music, All is set to default, when I check Music on hold (default) there are no files listed as usual, does this require to be loaded from somewhere else. Please advise

Modules says Music on Hold is 2.9.0.1

Gary

Tony,

I have confirmed that the [Default] Music on Hold does not work on the latest Distro. It appears that /etc/asterisk/musiconhold_additional.conf has [default] pointing to /var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3, but the default music on hold files are located at /var/lib/asterisk/moh.

I compared this with the PIAF Distro and noticed that Ward moved the files from /var/lib/asterisk/moh to /var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3. I did the same and it solved the problem.

Here’s the fix for anyone who cares:

Login to the your Linux Command line and type the following commands:

mv /var/lib/asterisk/moh/* /var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3
amportal restart

ou812 and AdHominem,
This should actually already be fixed at the Distro level however to ensure it is, can you let me know when you did your install?

Also there is a much easier fix then to move the moh files. You can set the MoH Subdirectory in advanced settings to moh from mohmp3.

Bryan

I loaded another test box about a week ago and it had no moh files showing in the gui. Hope that helps

gary

yes this was just fixed last week in FreePBX.

There is not upgrade to fix this since all it takes is going to advanced settings. Enable Hidden options and than search for Moh. Set the drop down to be moh instead of mohmp3.

Any new systems provisioned have this fixed in it already.