No dial tone on FXS port

I understand your situation with the trunks. It looks OK, as long as we are sure that they are on port 1 and 2.

What exactly would be the use in re-creating the trunks out of curiosity? I am 99% sure that they are on ports 1 & 2 as they are the first two ports on the card, asterisk says fxs is ports 1 & 2 and when i run the command - dahdi show channels it shows the first two as from internal and the other two as from analogue which would the fxo lines

Sometimes, the configuration gets borked and recreating it solves the problems, especially with DAHDI.

So i was just messing about with the ports and found that if i call the extension (3000) and then plug the phone into the port it will actually answer the call and function, so to me this suggests that there is an issue with the signals between the phone and port?

That is clearly not how it is supposed to work

Well obviously not, but it shows that it is capable of working. So it looks like the reason it isnt working is to do with signalling/voltage changes as when i attempt to dial in/out normally it clearly isnt sending/receiving the correct signal

So after re-configuring all of the dahdi trunks and extensions i am still not further than before. To test the whole signalling/voltage possibility I ran the command: wanpipemon -i w1g1 -c astats -m 1 in the root CLI and watched for voltage changes when i took the phone off the hook and there was none which kind of matches my theory of there being a signalling issue.

I am not really sure what else I can do to fix this, i am guessing there is just some config somewhere that needs changing.

I don’t think this is a FreePBX configuration issue. This seems more of a hardware issue, either a faulty card or a DAHDI configuration issue. Since you doublechecked DAHDI conf, I would say definitely a faulty card or module. Can you try to swap the modules on the card? If after swaping the modules FXS ports still won’t work, then it is definitely a module issue, provided the power connector is properly connected and working. If the FXS module works after swaping and the FXO stops working, then definitely a card issue.

Okay thanks. I’ll give it a go when i can, may end up being a couple of days before i can do that