No audio calling using public IP

Please I am new to freePBX I have a FreebPBX box with several extensions. One extension is local (same network as PBX), and two way audio works completely fine through the trunk. Several extensions are remote and they either have one way audio, or no audio at all.

I am running FreePBX 15, all extensions are setup as chansip, is on port 5060, 10000:20000) all of which are port forwarded through my firewall to FreePBX. . The local network is set to use 192.168.1.0/24.

This has never work since i setup this machine

This is a fairly common issue with SIP and it could be multiple things that could cause it. That being said, 90% of the time it’s network related. If I had to guess this is probably related to NAT and the issues could be on either side, even with forwarding enabled although less likely. FreePBX has a page dedicated to trouble shooting these issues here, and I suggest you take a look at it and see if helps: https://wiki.freepbx.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=24051965

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.