"No Answer Forward" issue

Our Yealink phones have a local “no answer forward” feature which forwards calls to a specified number if there’s no answer in x amount of seconds. The default is 12 seconds. The funny thing is that this works, its just after a ring or two on the forwarded phone, FreePBX takes the call and throws it into voicemail.

Any idea on what needs to be changed here? The Yealink guys say its a PBX issue. I double checked my default ring time and its 20 seconds, so that’s beyond the 12s the Yealink has. I’m not sure what other setting to check here. Is it possible the the pbx doesn’t understand what the yealink is doing here and thinks the phone is just ringing and it will always put the call into voicemail after x amount of seconds?

Hi,

How about attaching a detailed log?

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

I also set my ring time on my extension to 5 seconds and do a regular forward on the Yealink. After 5 seconds the pbx put the call in voicemail even though the forward was still ringing.

How can I tell the pbx to not put things into voicemail if the yealink is forwarding?

Hi,

Please attach the logs when you are dialling to this Yealink extension.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

Hi Dan,

I dont see how to get logs off the yealink just yet.

FWIW, I did the exact same thing using the FollowMe module, thus bypassing the yealink. The pbx picked up the transfer and put it into its own voicemail while the call was still ringing after 20 seconds. From what I’ve gathered online, it seems that if you have an extension with voicemail enabled, the pbx will put the call into voicemail if its still ringing at x seconds. x being defined by the default ring time. There doesn’t seem to be an option to tell the system to not put things into voicemail after x seconds if the call is being forwarded.

Hi,

If you are already using the follow me module, raise your initial ringing to 8 seconds and the max ringing to 60 seconds.
The problem probably lies in the fact that you are not allowing call waiting on your extensions, or you do not have enough channels to use. Verify that the call waiting is enabled on your extensions. You can even disable the voicemails for the extensions for testing to see if the results are different.

Anyway, I would be able to determine what is happening after I will see the logs.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.