Night Workers - divert all lines to a single handset

We have a FreePBX/Asterisk system up and running and we quite like it.

My boss has made a request that I introduce a feature code that someone working late can dial that will transfer all incomming calls to their handset.

I have no idea how to go about doing this. Has someone out there already done it and willing to share the knowledge?

Many thanks

Paul

Day/Night Control with a Time Condition

The Day/Night Control module is similar to many other modules in the system. You can create multiple day/night feature codes and each can be used as a destination from within FreePBX as well as provide two destinations of their own. The feature code itself is nothing more than a two way toggle switch. You can change it to either DAY or NIGHT and the state is toggled each time you dial the feature code.
If you start with a piece of paper and a flow chart, drawing what you need from left to right, then create the destinations, time conditions, and day/night controls from right to left, you find it much easier.
In effect, the call comes in via inbound routes, and then you pass the call from FreePBX module to FreePBX module, and at each step, a decision can be made about the call, and where to send it next until it reaches the destination.

Example of Day/Night Control Feature Code used with a Time Condition
You have an Inbound Route for your main Company DID, that points to a Time Condition set to ring your receptionist at queue 1200 during the normal business hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday-Friday. After hours, it rings the After Hours IVR. You would like to provide an ability to override the Time Condition with a day/night feature code.

Example:
Create our new day/night feature code and give it index 0 (or what ever you prefer).
Give this a useful name: Receptionist Override
Set the Current Mode to the time of day that it currently is. Note that all of your Day/Night Codes will be set the same.
Provide an optional Password if you want to require password access to this feature code.
Under DAY destination, choose the Receptionist Extension.
Under NIGHT destination, choose the IVR.
Press Save
Go to the Inbound Route that was pointing to the Time Condition and change it to point to your newly created Receptionist Override Day Night mode destination.
Now you can dial *280, optionally entering a password if configured, and change between the Day mode, where the call continues to be controlled by the Time Condition, or the Night mode, where the call is routed around the Time Condition to the normal After Hours IVR.
Accessing the Day/Night Control from Outside
To enable/disable the feature code from an outside line, use the Misc Destination:
Go to the Misc Destinations Module
Type in a meaningful description: Receptionist Override
In the Dial Box type: *280
Now use this Misc Destination as a destination for an Inbound Route, IVR selection, or other means.
NOTE: Day/Night Controls override Time Conditions.
NOTE: There are plenty of other ways you can use the day/night feature code and there is no need to do it in conjunction with a Time Condition. It is simply a module that can be chosen as a destination by other modules and provides a two way toggle switch to continue the call routing to either its Day or Night destinations.
See also:
http://freepbx.org/news/2007-07-05/using-the-day-night-control-with-a-time-condition

Setting up such a condition would allow the system to transfer all calls to another destination - however iot would always be the SAME destination unless of course a day/night control was set up for each individual extension with a different feature code associated with it. That’s not really workable.

What I need is a system that says the Asterisk whenever a call comes in overide everything else and ring the extention that this code was dialed from. Should be doable but I don’t know how.