New user; Can't make outbound calls. Sip / Pennytel

I am a new user attempting to configure pbx in a flash / free pbx for the first time.

I am attempting to set up a voip provider (Pennytel).

I have configured a sip trunk and outbound and inbound routes. I have also set up and got working xlite soft phone.

I can make an internal call to another soft phone on my network but when i attempt to make a call to my mobile phone I get the message “That password is not valid”.

I have been following the instructions in the online manual “PBX in a Flash With Out Tears”.

Any advice on where I could look to troubleshoot the problem?

Thanks,

Mark

Here’s some info from the ever useful Klavosite:
http://www.klaverstyn.com.au/wiki/index.php?title=Peers_%26_Trunks#PennyTel

Peer
PennyTel
defaultuser=username
type=peer
secret=password
qualify=yes
;insecure=very
host=sip.pennytel.com
canreinvite=no
canredirect=no

User
;PennyTel Inbound
username
defaultuser=username
type=user
secret=secret
;fromuser=username
context=from-vsp
canredirect=no
canreinvite=no
context=from-vsp

Registration
register=username:[email protected]/username

I don’t know if this works or not, as I don’t use Pennytel, but Klavo seems to know his stuff, so it should be good.

For more troubleshooting on Pennytel, also try here
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-threads.cfm?f=107&g=99

Pennytel seem to muck around with their network a bit, so if something goes wrong, you’ll read about it in the Whirlpool forum, saving you endless hours of troubleshooting (hopefully)…

Thanks Magpye,

I copied the information you posted above and made the relevent changes and now it’s working fine.

Appreciate your help.

Mark

No problem, glad I could help :slight_smile:

Hello All,

I am a novice at this so please bear with me.

I have a TrixBox 2.6.1 and Aastra 480i phones. I have them all set-up to where they can call internally. The problem is making external calls. When I dial out nothing happens, but the system panel say’s the number was answered.

I have hard lined one connection to the first port to the TrixBox to test it out to see if it works. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Much Appreciated

Zeeman,

You say you are new so I’ll help you out a bit here. What you have done here is hijacked another’s thread with something totally different then the posters intent (pennytel sip connections). That is considered rude to the original poster as he might be watching this thread and getting notices for new posting while your comments are worthless in his eyes for this subject.

If you have a question and can’t find a perfectly matching subject line please start a new thread instead of grabbing any old one and posting a random question on the end of it.
If you keetp it up:

1. It’s the fastest way to get on everybodys “I will not help you list”.
  2. Since this topics thead is about pennytel you are only going to get people who know or are willing to help with pennytel looking at it which limits your knowledge base and then you’ll probably only piss them off as they find they can’t help you.

So don’y hijack others threads unless they really match please.