New Server Installation

Hi,

I currently have a new server, 8 GB of RAM, HP, Intel Xeon™CPU 3.60 GHz (2 processors)

Can someone please tell me what version of FreePBX would be the most stable for my system? I have another server (different specs) but I just downloaded the newest version of FreePBX Distro (not sure what the version is), but I have to reboot my server every day for that system so I want some advise on what the best version of FreePBX Distro I should download for this server would be.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thank You

J. Greene

I would go with FreePBX Distro 4.211.64-7 64 bit (you’ll able to find the relevant ISO file here) which is CentOS 6.4 (64 bit) based and it was released as stable (AFAIK, active development is currently done against this one and not against the FreePBX Distro 3.211.63, which is stable too…some info were provided here).

See the Wiki pages here, here and here for more information regarding, respectively, FreePBX Distro installation, upgrade and first steps to do after initial install.

Then you can chose which version of Asterisk to work with: 1.8.x, 10.x or 11.x (that’s it’s up to you)…eventually you can then switch between Asterisk’s versions after the install.