New Modules Available not disappearing

I only recently started working with FreePBX (2.8, on Trixbox), so forgive me if this is a simple question.

In the System Status, I see a notification “53 New Modules are available”. I have two problems with that.

First, the notice does not disappear even though I already installed most of these modules. In other threads, I saw that this notice is supposed to be updated by a cron job. Which cron job is that, how can I run it manually and/or make sure it is installed properly?

The system has one Trixbox-related cron job that I could find: /var/adm/bin/registry.pl .

Second, I can rarely double-click on that text to get a list of the modules - usually, my browser (Firefox 3.6.8 - also tried it with IE 8 and Opera 10.60) intercepts the double-click and highlights the word I clicked on instead. On another older FreePBX system (2.6) double-clicking seems to work fine. Is this a setting in the browser I need to change, or a FreePBX issue?

Thanks!

Trixbox uses a “forked” version of FreePBX 2.5 (that version is also out of official support: http://www.freepbx.org/v2/wiki. We don’t know what changes they have done to that “forked” version so my advices are these:

Skip trixbox and install a decent distro like AsteriskNOW, PBX in a Flash or Elastix.

Post your question over at trixbox, but expect no answer