New IP does not status change in Network Settings

Hello,
I have a couple of questions but here is the first one. When I go to the Admin-System Admin-Network Settings, we have eth0 set up with ip 10.34.x.x (Cisco Trunk). Our system has been working fine and our guru retired. Now, IT needs us to change the ip address and I’m trying to figure out the system. When I type in the new ip address of 10.43.x.x and hit the Save Setting, the old ip appears again. I’ve rebooted and the Network Settings still status the old 10.34.x.x. When I open the terminal and type ifconfig eth0, its show the new ip of 10.43.x.x. The system works, phone calls getting through. Just don’t know why the WebGUI status the old ip and not the new IP address.
FreePBX 2.11.0.43 and Asterisk 11.9.0

Thanks

try running the following command from the cli and try again:

amportal chown

Thanks, this is what it showed:

Fetching FreePBX settings with gen_amp_conf.php…

SETTING FILE PERMISSIONS
chattr: Operation not supported while reading flags on /var/www/html/cxpanel
Permissions OK

I’ll try googling it but I don’t know what this means.

That command sets proper permissions on all files required and it appears that it completed.

Maybe clear your browser cache or try a different browser and check to see if it shows the proper IP as configured in the interface file.

Thanks, so I’ve cleared the browsers cache and no luck on the status change. I’ve ran
#nano /etc/network/interfaces and it was blank.
I tried
#nano /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

#Configuration automatically generated via the Sysadmin Module
#DO NOT HAND MODIFY THIS FILE!
#generated: Wed, 15 May 2019 14:32:53 -0600
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=
ONBOOT=yes
IPADDR=10.43.x.x

Network Settings still show old 10.34.x.x ip.

Anything relevant in /var/log/asterisk/freepbx.log ?

In System Admin module, under the System Admin menu, what is your PBX Firmware?

Maybe check for System Admin module updates under Module Admin?

Thanks, the freepbx.log shows a few things not licensed but nothing else. PBX Firmware is 5.211.65-13.
When I clicked on Basic-Check Online, mostly everything shows enabled and up to date.

That version went end of life 5ish years ago. It’s time to get current:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Elastix+and+PBXinaFlash+to+FreePBX+Distro+Conversion+Tool

1 Like

Alritee, I’ll start looking into updating it.
Thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.