New Firewall 10.13.66

Hi, I have been scratching my head with this for a few days and I am sure it is something really simple…

I have upgraded my PBX to 10.13.66-1 (I will go to the latest as soon as everything is OK)

I have setup the Firewall, I can access the GUI, SSH, inbound and outbound calls are all working…

• eth0 is set to “External”
  • Local IP Range is “Trusted”
  • as are all IP Addresses related to SIP Provider

However the problem is I cannot access the GUI from outside the Local IP Range, I used to put a port forward on router for http 80, however for the firewall to work correctly, the setup guide states that the PBX must be outside of NAT such as DMZ or similar…

I have put the External IP address into the Networks tab and told it to be trusted, I have also tried External/Other/Internal on the Services for HTTP Web Management, I have changed the port from Port 80 and that is reflected in the Port/Service Maps.

I also got a DDNS from No-IP and placed that onto the Router at the remote location and put the DDNS name into the Network Tab and marked as Trusted but still nothing…

I really need to be able to access the PBX remotely… and any ideas or thoughts will be greatly appreciated…

I am not quite a novice and know my way around but by no way am I a Linux Guru, please be gentle :slightly_smiling:

Many thanks

Jay

OK… FWIW…

I reinstated the HTTP to Port 80 and placed a Port Forward back in the Router… this seems to allow Remote Connections…
seems a bit weird that I could not view Directly?

I am still interested in finding out if this is the correct way?

Thanks

Jay

I am really just keeping this up to date for others that may be interested and also to help provide further information…

I have seen that since placing the PBX inside DMZ and allowing the Firewall to takeover the Router, there were a lot of random extension dialling… this was with the Responsive Firewall Enabled, I have since disabled the SIP part of the Responsive Firewall and since that, which was 10 minutes ago, random calls have stopped… remote extensions under IAX are still functioning as expected…

If there is a better way to do this I would appreciate the instructions, if not I am happy to share what I have found

Thanks

Jay