New 2.8 installation issue on Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid)

I’m installing new freepbx 2.8 on Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid) and when executing the following:
sudo ./install_amp --username=asteriskuser --password=secret

Getting the following error

Upgrading to 2.8.0alpha2…
-> Running PHP script /usr/src/freepbx-2.8.0/upgrades/2.8.0alpha2/tables.php
PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare __parse_DialRulesFile() (previously declared in /usr/src/freepbx-2.8.0/upgrades/2.6.0beta1/tables.php:87) in /usr/src/freepbx-2.8.0/upgrades/2.8.0alpha2/tables.php on line 239

I did check that __parse_DialRulesFile() function exists in both php scripts. I’m wondering if I can just remove it from “2.8.0alpha2/tables.php”

Indeed removing “__parse_DialRulesFile()” (line 207-239) function from “2.8.0alpha2/tables.php” fixed my installation issue. Can someone please report this as a bug.

Also, I was using IPTABLES to block all incoming (INPUT) traffic, that was causing “Connection timed out” error when installing modules.

“Unable to connect to manager 127.0.0.1:5038 (110): Connection timed out”

I got that error when i try to run install_amp (2.8.0) on a machine whith 2.3.0.
I set to override all files and then i got te error.
I run again and everithing is fine, without remove anything.

brand new centos 5.5 install with freepbx 2.8 … first time i run ./install_amp i get this error, but re-running the script works great.

cheers,
-e

thanks,

it’s much better if you file bugs against such issues though because they often go missed and thus ignored when simply posted in the forum as can be see by when this was posted and the fact that nothing has been done about this.

reported (and fixed) in #4587 but will require the 2.8 tarball to be re-rolled in order for this fix to have affect.