Net2Phone SIP Trunk-

Hi Experts,

I have a freePBX 13.22.0
i am trying to setup a Sip Trunk with my Net2Phone provider, but for some reason the provider is seeing the internal IP address of my freepbx instead of my public IP. how do I make sure that the freepbx is sending the public IP instead of the local IP. I have looked under SIP settings and made sure the IP is the public IP the settings for my SIP trunk is the following:

outgoing details:
disallow=all
host=siptrunk.net2phone.com
username=USERNAME
secret=PASSWORD
type=peer
port=5060
nat=auto
insecure=invite
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=no
regseconds=60
allow=ulaw&g729

Incoming Details:
disallow=all
host=siptrunk.net2phone.com
username=USERNAME
secret=PASSWORD
type=peer
port=5060
nat=auto
insecure=invite
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=no
allow=ulaw&g729

Thanks for your help

Set nat=yes and make sure everything is set properly for NAT in Settings, Asterisk SIP Settings.

Thanks for your prompt response. the nat is already enabled and the IP is set to static; but the provider tells me he sees 192.168.0.8 which is the correct internal IP. Is there a way to read the log of the registration of the trunk?

In Asterisk SIP Settings, make sure that External Address is set to your public IPv4 address and that Local Networks is set properly (probably 192.168.0.0 / 255.255.255.0). After changing these settings you must restart (not just reload) Asterisk.

At the Asterisk command prompt, type
sip set debug on
and then all SIP traffic will appear both on the console and in the regular Asterisk log.

Yes the settings are correct for the internal and external IP. I will play with the log tomorrow.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.