Needing help on trunk pulling my hair out right about now

and what should i set for my dialing patterns if i want all the local us stuff like 911 and 411 and if i want to append a 9 to the start of every outbound number

So are you calling US numbers? If so why would you want to send the call to the PSTN with a 9 in front of it? Your post shows a call going to 992120001234, now if that is a NY area code you’re trying to dial then having 99 or even 9 isn’t going to work unless Go Trunk says “you must prefix calls with a 9”. Are they doing that?

As for the other ones such as 411 and 911. 411 is a local feature code, so you would have to deal with that by changing it or turning it off. 911 will go out since you have a pattern that will match any number of digits and send them. You don’t want to prefix 911 with 9911 when sending to the PSTN, that will break your call.

Are you referring to having your users prefix 9 for an outbound call?

yes sir im trying to have users dial a 9 to dial outside numbers that are not extensions and im still trying to get my inbound calls working if possible

also one last question on top of this stuff that i’m requesting help with is to get my caller id to show up as normal and not unknown

Unless you need to be compatible with a legacy system you are replacing, requiring users to dial an initial 9 is not a good idea. If’s bad from a human factors point of view – if it’s different from a landline or cell phone, users will get confused. There are also technical problems. For example, redial from history won’t work unless you prefix 9 to incoming caller ID, but that will likely cause the phone to format the number incorrectly.

For inbound, set up a default route (any DID, any CID) to a single working extension. Once that works properly, look at the CDRs to see how GoTrunk is sending the called number and adjust your inbound routes accordingly.

For outbound caller ID issues, post your trunk settings and a log. If possible, get
sip set debug on
to work correctly so the log includes a SIP trace.

For inbound caller ID issues, a log should suffice.

That big blue plus at the top of the page where it says “Pattern Help”, click it. All sorts of help details are going to come down, including what the Prepend and Prefix fields are for.

Prepend’s will add digits to the number, Prefix will strip the digits in the beginning away. So move your 9 from Prepend and put it in Prefix. That will then want a match against 9+pattern and then strips the 9 away. So setting a pattern to 911 with a prefix of 9 will require your users to dial 9911 and it will strip the first 9 and send 911 out the trunk.

If you are referring to Outbound CallerID when making outbound calls, you either set that per extension or on the route itself on the first tab where it says Outbound CID.

If you insist on this ‘dial 9’ scheme, make sure that 911 and 9911 both work – a panicked user may dial it incorrectly. Find out if GoTrunk has a test number (often 922 or 933) that allows you to confirm that your address is correctly set and emergency routes work properly, without actually calling 911.

Make sure that if someone does accidentally reach 911, they immediately state that they have no emergency and stay on the line until the dispatcher has confirmed that. Otherwise the cops will be out and you may face a big fine.

no im gonig to leave 911 alone most likely i just want the 9 for all other calls going external

OK So i got the the calling out fixed i just cant call into the phone it says the number you have dialed is not in service.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.