Need to restore old configuration

I have set up a new PBX server and have the old configuration of the server in a .GZ file. How would i go about bring in that file a recreating the old PBX server i had. Can anyone give me ideas?

Thanks.

What kind of PBX? You gave us no information. How was the gzip created?

Need version numbers of old and new and installation specifics.

I’m using PBX in a Flash and the version of the old and the new server are the sanme. Version 1.7.5.7
Free PBX version 2.8.1.4
The .tar.gz was created from the free PBX Backup/restore system.
What kind of of installation specifics do you require?

You restore the file via the backup/restore module.

Simply create a directory (owned by user Asterisk) in /var/lib/asterisk/backups

Copy the backup to your newly created directory. The directory name will show up when you select restore.

Thanks for the help. you’re really a live saver!!

this is great help but im fairly new to PBX how do i restore using the module, how do I create a directory (owned by user Asterisk) in /var/lib/asterisk/backups. any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks

Johnny, these are not specific tasks to FreePBX, in fact the instructions are different for different versions.

Also we don’t know what type of Linux you installed FreePBX and we might not even be familiar with it.

The assumption is you know how to use your OS.

Also, we don’t know if you are trying to install a backup you have archived off or just use the backup as a restore point.

As far as creating directories, have you tried Google? If you Google “Centos create directory” you will find 100’s of tutorials. Same with “Centos assign directory permissions”

I have three files in a USB that i have to put into the server how can i copy them into the server.What command do i have to use.

I was able to backup from old PIAF to new
On new system I did a backup and download. On new create a backup then SFTP the file from old to the new in /var/spool/asterisk/backup/test/

from 1.7.5.6 to

│ PIAF Installed Version = 2.0.6.5 under HARDWARE
│ FreePBX Version = 2.11.0.23 │
│ 2.11 │
│ Running Asterisk Version = 1.8.25.0 │
│ Asterisk Source Version = 1.8.25.0 │
│ Dahdi Source Version = 2.8.0.1 │
│ Libpri Source Version = 1.4.14 │
│ IP Address = 192.168.X.X on eth0 │
│ Operating System = CentOS release 6.5 (Final) │
│ Kernel Version = 2.6.32-431.1.2.0.1.el6.x86_64 - 64 Bit