Need to pass company name and address to 911

someone gets hurt

hurt AND sued.
Kari’s Law, and the Ray Baum Act are no joke.

Dont think any has asked but what was the exact problem with this? Not being sent? Not having the right information?

If it is not being sent and that is what they are using to associate locations with, then we can deal with that. Easy fix.

If it doesnt have the right info, again we can help with that. We just need to know what the issue is.

The 911 operator told me that they’re not seeing our company name and address. They do see our phone number. Everyone here is telling me that it’s a Whitesky problem so I have a ticket open with them.

But just for my education, if I needed to confirm the info I’m sending from FreePBX, where would I go to see that?

You haven’t answered my question. Who told you the P-Asserted-Identity was having a problem? Whitesky? If so what did they say the problem was?

The first tech I talked to at Whitesky. But he also said that they were sending the info to FreePBX and that FreePBX was the problem so I’m not sure he’s a reliable source.

You are placing an outgoing call when you dial 911. There’s nothing, literally nothing that they would need to send to FreePBX.

Yeah that’s why I said that he probably wasn’t a reliable source. :man_facepalming:

To clarify, there is only a single PBX involved in all of this right?

That is correct. Just one FreePBX server.

OK, so this is sounding like confusion. As in the Whitesky tech thought you were referring to incoming callerid.

You need to call Whitesky and tell them that when you call 911 the PSAP is not receiving location details. Either Whitesky is not sending it, which makes it their problem. Or you are not sending the proper callerid that has a 911 location associated with it. If you have more than 1 number with Whitesky that could be the case.

You need to confirm that the callerid number you are sending is registered with a 911 location with Whitesky.

Do that and let us know.

I don’t see much confusion with

. . .  The tech said he checked our E911 info and read it back to me. 911 gets our phone number but not the company name/address.

Where the ‘tech’ is presumably the Whitesky dude and ‘911’ presumably the PSAP that Whitesky sent the call to with the correct number but not the contracted location.

He could of course confirm the same thing he checked already twice if possibly that might give more clarification.

1 Like

Cool. Then this is a Whitesky issue and they should fix it.

@BomTech Does the call at least end up at the right PSAP? Generally, if they can’t tell the location, they route to a regional PSAP. If this ends up at the right PSAP then they are routing the call right and failing to present the details.

Just as previously deduced by more than one contributor.

Here’s what I still don’t know – where is the setting in FreePBX that stores that data (caller ID, company name, address) in order to send it to Whitesky?

I’ve looked through every setting I can find and don’t see a place to add/edit that data.

There is no such setting in FreePBX. Your PBX sets the caller ID number for the outbound emerg call and your provider includes the dispatchable location based on the CID. You must enable e911 for the number with the provider and provide the address to them.

Thank you!

Just so you know. Unless you can absolutely prove that Whitesky is at fault for this, any legal action for failure to comply with the law falls on the PBX admin, which is you personally.

Made another test call today. Here’ s the pastebin log → Automatic Pastebin from Sangoma OS 7 - FreePBX Pastebin

I redacted the phone number but I did notice that the caller ID is sending a 10 digit number (i.e. no country code).

Also, the 911 operator told me that we’re getting sent to the national PSAP not our local one. I’m not sure if that’s significant.

Still working with Whitesky. The tech I talked to today was going to investigate it and may escalate to the next level.

It matched your emergency outbound route and used the trunk CID. Confirm the CID you are using is what Whitesky has on file with e911.

This is likely caused by Whitesky not sending the information correctly. Everything I’m saying is basically what multiple others have already said - this is on Whitesky to resolve.