Need to access the Asterisk menuselect

Hi all.

I have installed FreePBX 10.13.66-11 from the latest distro with asterisk 13. I need to access the asterisk “menuselect” function so I can enable MySQL
I have installed the Chan_SCCP-b module for use on cisco 7960G phones and so far, so good. But I need to enable or use a realtime database and from what I can find I need to access the menuselect to activate / select res_mysql_conf?

Sorry if this doesn’t make sense but I am completely new to linux and freePBX. Or if there is another way to do it and someone could walk me through it step by step I’d really appreciate it, we’ve all got to start learning somewhere.

Thanks

You can’t do that unless you have the source-code and all the tools necessary to build from source, BUT, unless you know what you are doing you won’t be able to use “real-time” asterisk with FreePBX.

With respect, as you are “completely new” to linux and FreePBX, you are out of your depth right now.

I recommend you get up to speed with the “easy way” (the Distro), then ask specific questions as to what is not working for you.

1 Like

Also, there’s no need to use SCCP, as the 7960s work (poorly) as a SIP phone. I’ve never had any experience with them though.

Depending on how highly you value your time, it might be cheaper to just throw them away and get some standard SIP Phones, like Sangoma, Yealink or Grandstream, to throw a few names around.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I did originally flash one of the phones to SIP and it’s pretty useless. I have got the SCCP “working”, it’s just that without the realtime database it needs manual manipulation of sccp files to make any updates to the phones.

I think I’ll take dicko’s advice and just stick to it they way it is until I learn more… or convince the boss to fork out for new sip phones (though I might have better luck learning linux and asterisk :grin:)